US Airways Pilots Express Concern Following Publishing of FAA's New Rest Rules

I know nothing! haha.

Enjoy Vegas man! :) Probably crowded up there.

Haven't gotten out of the hotel yet.

Hey man, I'm off until late next month. Beer, late/cold soup and koobideh whenever you're game! (or however in hell that's spelled)

On management side, what's their solution? That everyone should live in/near base? Or is their argument that it's not their fault one chooses to live X miles away, and that the option of commuting exists for that?

In some extreme cases, would the positive space thing be feasible? Such as JC user Granlistillo, who lives in Spain by choice, and commutes across the Atlantic to work at his regional (last I checked)? Should the company have to eat those costs, compared to someone who lives stateside? Ie- should there be a limit of some sort? Would a limit even work?
I heard of several guys commuting from Madrid that start after the afternoon arrival and end up catching the evening eastbound. I wouldn't even try it, as I would have to be very senior to bid a a good sched, and that would be at a Major. I don't think it could be done safely at the regional. I am slumming around MLB for the moment.

Back