US AIRWAYS IS HIRING

I saw it pop up for a bit, im sure you will get the usual 1 year + to hear back on anything lol.

I work for a regional and it's not even worth it for me being that pay is pretty close to mine currently. They ratified a contract last July and pay dropped from 45k to 35k.

Their contract isn't the best, but you always have to think long term on those things. Even if it's a slight pay cut initially, PIT is a pretty low cost of living area, and I am willing to bet that their top out is much higher than the regional you are at currently. Of course, if you love where you're living right now and your company seems stable, then there's nothing wrong with making a regional your career destination either.

Something to consider when looking long term at this airline is they currently in merger talks with American.

It seems like a potential merger is always a possibility these days...one would hope that when/if a US/AA merger happens, they would get a new contract that is an improvement over either carrier's current one (since neither one is that great right now.) On the positive side both PIT and DFW are fairly low cost of living areas - PIT more so than DFW. Biggest drawback for US in my opinion - non-revving out of PIT sucks since they drew down the hub there.

That's the other thing that you would have to watch out for. If the merger happens your on the short list for an instant furlough thanks to the "cost cutting" measures of mergers that we all know of. Yea I had 4 years with US Ramp. Took them 5 months to even get back to me with an interview date for dispatch. A coworkers that knows a guy over there said this position was supposed to be posted in January... Well good luck to anyone that gets called.

US wants to phone interview me this week...Anyone else get a call? What's their contract like after sign-off? After year 1? What's top put?

How did the interview go? If you have not had it yet, when are you going? Any idea when their contract is up for renegotiation? I am going to go out on a limb and say they are the worst paying legacy out there. If someone disagrees, please feel free to correct me.

How did the interview go? If you have not had it yet, when are you going? Any idea when their contract is up for renegotiation? I am going to go out on a limb and say they are the worst paying legacy out there. If someone disagrees, please feel free to correct me.

US just got a new contract so I don't think they will have a new scale for a few more years at least (barring a merger with AA.) Speaking of AA, they did have a TA to raise their pay rates that got thrown out with the chapter 11, and the newly renegotiated concessionary contract that just passed kept the current rates there - which are definitely the worst of any legacy carrier. I think starting out in the 30s and topping out in the low 70s for base pay. Slightly better than regional pay but not by much.

Interviewed with AA back in the fall pre BK, and there pay rate was awful. Over time, it actually was not a bad contract, its just first year pay and the training pay that is not desirable. The new TA that was passed according to a friend of mine, was going to bump starting pay into the mid 40s with a topout of over 100K after 10 years. Currently, top out after 10 is just shy of 100K, so the money is definitely there at AA, you just have to eat Ramen for a couple years before you can move back to real food.

With starting pay - and even 2nd yr pay - as low as it is at US, I think I'll pass on the interview. 2nd yr pay there is lower than 1st yr pay at some places. Just can't afford such a huge pay cut. It's just wrong to pay so little for such an important job. They start at less than 17/hr...and don't care how much experience you have.

With starting pay - and even 2nd yr pay - as low as it is at US, I think I'll pass on the interview. 2nd yr pay there is lower than 1st yr pay at some places. Just can't afford such a huge pay cut. It's just wrong to pay so little for such an important job. They start at less than 17/hr...and don't care how much experience you have.

What are you basing that on?

Back