Upgrading and changing fleets simultaneously

Do I get to brag that I did it? Granted I upgraded into something pretty much the same, just half the size/weight and number of engines :p

It was slightly before my time but it was an interesting dynamic as my current fleet was introduced........most all of the captains had never flown it but the company went out of their way to hire experienced F/O's on the type. This might be something you could get asked about at an interview....hypothetically of course.
Your seat lock is almost coming up right? You going to add some training engines again?

Your seat lock is almost coming up right? You going to add some training engines again?

Not sure. I might wait until the 5 year mark so I get the spoon fed full length newhire course for the big'un again. Not thrilled about doing a 2 week short course on an airplane I haven't flown in 3+ years. Plus it could take 5 years just to get 1000 hours in type at this rate (which I'd like to have in case the crap hits the fan and I have to look for a contract job).

Not sure. I might wait until the 5 year mark so I get the spoon fed full length newhire course for the big'un again. Not thrilled about doing a 2 week short course on an airplane I haven't flown in 3+ years. Plus it could take 5 years just to get 1000 hours in type at this rate (which I'd like to have in case the crap hits the fan and I have to look for a contract job).
That is an interesting conundrum, good luck whichever way you decide to go.
I still haven't forgotten that you bought dinner when I was a new hire, I'll need to return that favor whenever we run into each other down the road.

Nah, I’m not Max’s type. He likes ectomorphic nerds and I’m a mesomorphic dork. Nerds and dorks are different.

But then I’m mid 40’s, no kids and a free spirit which means most of my friends are gay because most of my straight friends with kids basically ditched my wife and I because “we’ve got a bounce house, the party is over at 7pm because of dance class and there’s no booze” parties aren’t exactly fun to go to.

I believe K and I are your soul mates. 40s... married... no kids... Trump fans...

wait...

Back