Upgrading and changing fleets simultaneously

That and the air-conditioning unit on last row made the airplane tolerable. Still more fun for pilots than pax.

Elitist much? Good Lord, its a wonderful plane, not a skull to toast your victories out of.

Please. The 1900 was a cautionary tale about the evils of attempting to stretch an aircraft design too far. When you have to affix appendages to keep it stable, you’ve failed as an aeronautical engineer.

Please. The 1900 was a cautionary tale about the evils of attempting to stretch an aircraft design too far. When you have to affix appendages to keep it stable, you’ve failed as an aeronautical engineer.
Heathen.

All formula one cars are a failure!

Honestly that was an engineering thing from Olive's day, when no engine was big enough and no cg was rearward. The 1900 as opposed to other t-prop and jets can fill the b-word up front and tail and still be in cg. It may sound counter intuitive, but that was Beech never quitting on a design. And the engineers ran the company so a sales guy was tossed out when he said things like "it looks ugly".

I mean, isn’t making something fly that otherwise wouldn’t kinda the hallmark of a great aeronautical engineer?

Little known fact- the design engineers that modified the 1900D

Beech-1900D-Exterior.jpg

went on to long and industrious careers with a small French outfit

IMG_0158-1-678x381.jpg

When I was a student pilot I had soloed a few airplanes but we had a Cherokee 140 stuck at another airport. The owner of the flight school (my boss) flew me to Andrau Airpark told me to hand him my medical and signed it for solo flights in a PA-28-140 and told me to wash the 310 when I got back to Hooks before I went home. I'd never flown a Cherokee 140 before. That's how cool an airman I am.

Back