Update: UPS flight dispatchers are asking to be paid like counterparts at Delta, American

I doubt the current administration would allow a strike to happen - they would probably use the Railway Labor Act try to force binding arbitration or something along those lines. I'm no expert in labor law though. Hopefully all the employee groups at UPS get a fair contract soon.

True words. Indeed, as you had mentioned in a part that I parsed the shareholders. I think ultimately they would be the ones to intervene before anything got out of hand. A UPS shutdown of any length would be disastrous to the value of the company as customer confidence would be shaken badly. Sooner rather than later the folks pulling the financial strings at Brown are going to reach the conclusion that they will lose this game of chicken and decide that the money spent to keep the dispatch group happy is chump change in comparison to driving this all the way over the cliff.

Looks like it wasn't ratified though...and there are issues with the other Teamster contract for drivers and package handlers that was ratified even though a majority voted against it. Anyhow...it looks like nothing will be settled any time soon there, unfortunately.

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvi...ill-fighting-labor-battles-on-two-fronts.html

Looks like it wasn't ratified though...and there are issues with the other Teamster contract for drivers and package handlers that was ratified even though a majority voted against it. Anyhow...it looks like nothing will be settled any time soon there, unfortunately.

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvi...ill-fighting-labor-battles-on-two-fronts.html

Correct, the mechanics voted it down. Back to mediation.

As far as the ground side, although the majority voted no, the percentage of total votes wasn’t enough to support the no vote. From my understanding, although the contract has been ratified, there are still many supplements and riders that have not and still need to be negotiated. Then there will be another round of voting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So What is the latest in this ongoing saga? Not the mx so much...but dxers? Anything good or worth reporting?

Back