Unresponsive AF 777-300

Sometimes it sucks to be a Growler skipper.

Haha if you mean me, no I'm just a lowly quitter who happens to fly growlers now in the reserves. But my former active duty peer group did just have their screen for squadron command recently. One day, a few of them will be admirals, which will be an even weirder feeling. And an even weirder feeling will be years down the road when some of the others end up being my FO (which would be the coolest kind of reunion) :)

Haha if you mean me, no I'm just a lowly quitter who happens to fly growlers now in the reserves. But my former active duty peer group did just have their screen for squadron command recently. One day, a few of them will be admirals, which will be an even weirder feeling :)
Was reacting to the skipper that was relieved after a DUI.

No, a weird feeling is when your last peer has retired … as an admiral.

Was reacting to the skipper that was relieved after a DUI.

No, a weird feeling is when your last peer has retired … as an admiral.

Haha dang you're old :)

Is that what it was? Crazy for that to happen on deployment! FWIW he was a good dude (aside from a DUI obviously being the result of an unacceptable decision making process). Crappy to hear.

Haha dang you're old :)

Is that what it was? Crazy for that to happen on deployment! FWIW he was a good dude (aside from a DUI obviously being the result of an unacceptable decision making process). Crappy to hear.
The good news is the next Whidbey admin or security officer might be wearing wings of gold.

The good news is the next Whidbey admin or security officer might be wearing wings of gold.

haha. The O-5+ version of the "healing chair"

to be fair, when I was a cone at miramar, that crazy astronaut lady who had been "administratively reassigned" to some wing, was actually just in the base prison. Don't think that will be his situation though.

Finish your 20 in a stress-free job, save your marriage, meet your kids, ski Baker, visit Lowe’s daily. Put a fresh Fly Navy sticker on your car and be happy.

You described my current life.....though I'm too lazy to drive all the way to Lowe's......we have a Home Depot on the island now, so I just go there. During early pandemic months, I remember being in the self checkout line, and one of the employees looked really familiar. Turns out he had been an IP I had done a CCX with in primary when I was in corpus, and fast forward to 2020, was flying for American but had taken a HD checker job for fun because he was on covid leave and he could get the employee discount. Probably the happiest checker they ever hired :) Speaking of corpus, I think that is actually where Nowak was jailed, rather than miramar. Someone else, of high profile went there, but I can't remember who

You described my current life.....though I'm too lazy to drive all the way to Lowe's......we have a Home Depot on the island now, so I just go there. During early pandemic months, I remember being in the self checkout line, and one of the employees looked really familiar. Turns out he had been an IP I had done a CCX with in primary when I was in corpus, and fast forward to 2020, was flying for American but had taken a HD checker job for fun because he was on covid leave and he could get the employee discount. Probably the happiest checker they ever hired :) Speaking of corpus, I think that is actually where Nowak was jailed, rather than miramar. Someone else, of high profile went there, but I can't remember who
I think that’s the Navy’s only high security brig.

I think that’s the Navy’s only high security brig.

Oh yep, I was right the first time. Miramar is where all female DoD jailbirds go apparently. Checks out. The media story (as well as current wikipedia) was that she was doing work at the wing in corpus.

Side note, I met the dude in that triangle, when I was in his former NROTC unit a number of years before it all went down.....he was visiting campus and came to chat with us. Seemed like a nice guy. I also met Jared from Subway in the franchise across the street from my high school years before his story made news. So I am at best, a questionable judge of character

Last edited:
Oh yep, I was right the first time. Miramar is where all female DoD jailbirds go apparently. Checks out. The media story (as well as current wikipedia) was that she was doing work at the wing in corpus.

Side note, I met the dude in that triangle, when I was in his former NROTC unit a number of years before it all went down.....he was visiting campus and came to chat with us. Seemed like a nice guy. I also met Jared from Subway in the franchise across the street from my high school years before his story made news. So I am at best, a questionable judge of character

He was deployed? Maybe I combined the events of two of the four Skippers that got the axe. I think saw a headline that mentioned DUI and my eyes raced down the page and saw VAQ.

Regardless, I wish him well.

He was deployed? Maybe I combined the events of two of the four Skippers that got the axe. I think saw a headline that mentioned DUI and my eyes raced down the page and saw VAQ.

Regardless, I wish him well.

Oh I am not sure, might be talking about separate events

Back