United Hiring

SUPER BUMMED OUT!!! I knew the posting closed today at 11:59, but I was logged in completing the application (most of my stuff was already loaded from the previous 4 times I've applied) and I missed it. It must have closed at 11:59 Central time not whatever time zone I'm in. I should've known! UGHH! If anyone works for United and wants to throw me a bone, maybe give my resume to an HR rep, I'd appreciate. Just send me a message. Total newb move on my part, I know...

SUPER BUMMED OUT!!! I knew the posting closed today at 11:59, but I was logged in completing the application (most of my stuff was already loaded from the previous 4 times I've applied) and I missed it. It must have closed at 11:59 Central time not whatever time zone I'm in. I should've known! UGHH! If anyone works for United and wants to throw me a bone, maybe give my resume to an HR rep, I'd appreciate. Just send me a message. Total newb move on my part, I know...

There are a few problems with your request, you’ll just have to wait until the next time they open...
Also how is it a newb move on your part if you already applied 4 times?

So you knowingly waited up until the last minute and now want a favor? Probably not the kind of person they want to hire anyways.

I really don't have to explain myself to you, but I will. I logged onto Jetcareers tonight, I saw the thread about the job posting. I went to United's website I saw that it was closing tonight. I went to apply, I am Pacific time zone, it said right there on the job posting that it was open until 11:59. Being that it was 9:30pm my time, I had at least 2 hours. I guess I was wrong. Sorry I don't log onto Jetcareers every 2 seconds and didn't see the posting until now. Why is everyone such a jerk on here now? This website used to be helpful and now its turned into a bunch of rude people behind a computer screen. No wonder I don't log on here anymore.

Sorry about your luck. If there’s one thing that Majors are going to continue to do for the next few years it’s hire. Expansion may be starting to slow, but one thing that isn’t is the average age of the offices. People will be needed to take their place once retirements start coming enmasse. Be patient and the right opportunity will come along. Good luck on the next one:).

I really don't have to explain myself to you, but I will. I logged onto Jetcareers tonight, I saw the thread about the job posting. I went to United's website I saw that it was closing tonight. I went to apply, I am Pacific time zone, it said right there on the job posting that it was open until 11:59. Being that it was 9:30pm my time, I had at least 2 hours. I guess I was wrong. Sorry I don't log onto Jetcareers every 2 seconds and didn't see the posting until now. Why is everyone such a jerk on here now? This website used to be helpful and now its turned into a bunch of rude people behind a computer screen. No wonder I don't log on here anymore.

I agree with you. What is laughable is it is very easy to know who is who on here. For example, I know exactly who CPZ is based on all the personal information he has revealed about himself. He has said when and where he has been hired throughout his time on here. Hmmm...I wonder who that could be....

So people think they are hiding behind their keyboard being rude and demeaning but they aren't hiding at all. It is easy to piece together who they actually are for the co-workers that know them. Let that be a warning to everyone on here that you are not necessarily anonymous in this extremely small profession.

I agree with you. What is laughable is it is very easy to know who is who on here. For example, I know exactly who CPZ is based on all the personal information he has revealed about himself. He has said when and where he has been hired throughout his time on here. Hmmm...I wonder who that could be....

So people think they are hiding behind their keyboard being rude and demeaning but they aren't hiding at all. It is easy to piece together who they actually are for the co-workers that know them. Let that be a warning to everyone on here that you are not necessarily anonymous in this extremely small profession.
QFT

What is laughable is it is very easy to know who is who on here.

From my username can you tell who I am? :sarcasm:

I never believed in hiding behind a keyboard, and honestly it works out to my advantage most of the time to be public.

So I have been creeping on this thread since I started it and I must say I can't believe how far off the rails it went.

Whats with all these extra comments about my work place from people who do not work here, and obviously will never work here or want to work here? I don't care for Texas much, but I don't fell like commenting on a hiring post that may keep people from applying for a job that they might love.

Let me just get one more thing off my chest here since I am this far. I like my job a lot. I like working at a major airline. I like Chicago. There is no need on a forum for professionals to make up rumors and lies.

I never believed in hiding behind a keyboard, and honestly it works out to my advantage most of the time to be public.

So I have been creeping on this thread since I started it and I must say I can't believe how far off the rails it went.

Whats with all these extra comments about my work place from people who do not work here, and obviously will never work here or want to work here? I don't care for Texas much, but I don't fell like commenting on a hiring post that may keep people from applying for a job that they might love.

Let me just get one more thing off my chest here since I am this far. I like my job a lot. I like working at a major airline. I like Chicago. There is no need on a forum for professionals to make up rumors and lies.

Agreed on the being public thing. There’s people on here that know me (or at least of me) in real life.

I try to be the same person online as I am in real life. Try to treat people with respect even if we don’t agree.

In terms of Chicago, never been TO it but have been through it. I’d be grateful for a chance to work at a major airline like United.

At some point or another on here people are always throwing "but it's in XYZ, that place sucks!" No matter the location of the Dispatch office. Some of the very same ones getting defensive about Chicago have posted negative comments about other cities. I for one could care less about what others think of a given location and will make my decision based on my own experiences at said location. I would hope others would do the same, as IMO ever city has it's positives and it's negatives.

Yeah the comments about Chicago and the location downtown are way overblown. It's not a perfect place to work, but there's a TON to like especially if you're coming from a small office with limited resources.

(Obligatory disclaimer. I worked at UA in a non-dispatch capacity but no longer do. No PM's please and thanks.)

Yeah the comments about Chicago and the location downtown are way overblown. It's not a perfect place to work, but there's a TON to like especially if you're coming from a small office with limited resources.

(Obligatory disclaimer. I worked at UA in a non-dispatch capacity but no longer do. No PM's please and thanks.)
Look Chicago is not a great city to live in when it comes to cost and taxes. No different than other major cities. However it is United one of the four majors. If you get the opportunity take it.

Agreed on the being public thing. There’s people on here that know me (or at least of me) in real life.

I try to be the same person online as I am in real life. Try to treat people with respect even if we don’t agree.

In terms of Chicago, never been TO it but have been through it. I’d be grateful for a chance to work at a major airline like United.

I couldn't disagree more. Ask any manager their thoughts about this forum. I know of more than one person who has been fired because of posts they have made. We all saw what happened to Mark a few months ago.

You can do whatever you want but I'll just say that you REALLY don't want to have an internet reputation when applying to majors, whether that reputation be good or bad. I know from personal experience that hiring managers sometimes know which screen name they are interviewing. That is never a positive thing.

I couldn't disagree more. Ask any manager their thoughts about this forum. I know of more than one person who has been fired because of posts they have made. We all saw what happened to Mark a few months ago.

You can do whatever you want but I'll just say that you REALLY don't want to have an internet reputation when applying to majors, whether that reputation be good or bad. I know from personal experience that hiring managers sometimes know which screen name they are interviewing. That is never a positive thing.

Don’t misunderstand - I never said one should air out their dirty laundry on this forum, but at the same time conversation is healthy and sometimes the topics that come up are uncomfortable but should to be discussed.

Like i said, I feel confident in my words and actions on this forum but that’s just me.

Hey wait is CPZ famous? I know him too! But that part about his employer was shoveled and blocked in a dark corner of my mind. Shrug.

Also, Chicago is cool. I know people there. Their football team, the Khalil Macks, are pretty fun to watch, too!

Back