United Hiring (again!)

United's deal with the pay bump and relocation was only part of a 2-year contract extension, right? So they should be going back into negotiations next year?

I swear I read that on here, but can't find any posts about it.
Theoretically

Theoretically

1677519590612.png

Theoretically

Why do you feel this is theoretical? I think the timing will be good, actually. Hopefully DL will have a new contract by then as well, so there will be a new, higher average of things to compare to and negotiate for.

Why do you feel this is theoretical? I think the timing will be good, actually. Hopefully DL will have a new contract by then as well, so there will be a new, higher average of things to compare to and negotiate for.
Because the united contract turns 10 years old next year. All of these loas keep kicking the bigger can down the road. The pilot contract also needs to be done first.

Because the united contract turns 10 years old next year. All of these loas keep kicking the bigger can down the road. The pilot contract also needs to be done first.

The Southwest contract was about 10 years old when they got their new deal. It's not some extreme amount of time that nobody else in the industry has ever endured, which seems to be what you're implying.

The Southwest contract was about 10 years old when they got their new deal. It's not some extreme amount of time that nobody else in the industry has ever endured, which seems to be what you're implying.
I’m not implying anything. The question was if UA was going to reenter negotiations at the expiration of the letter. That’s what the letter says. So in theory, they’re supposed to. We will see if that actually happens or if the can is kicked again.

United's deal with the pay bump and relocation was only part of a 2-year contract extension, right? So they should be going back into negotiations next year?

I swear I read that on here, but can't find any posts about it.
Based on the scale I saw it's a three year extension through December of 2025.

I’m not implying anything. The question was if UA was going to reenter negotiations at the expiration of the letter. That’s what the letter says. So in theory, they’re supposed to. We will see if that actually happens or if the can is kicked again.
How did they kick the can? Wasn't the LOA an extension of the contract? You don't just throw away the old one and get a new one.

How did they kick the can? Wasn't the LOA an extension of the contract? You don't just throw away the old one and get a new one.
The LOA’s amended the contract ratified in 2014. You’re right that the old one doesn’t expire. The problem with all of these extension LOAs as opposed to a full section 6 negotiation is that they’re targeted and don’t provide the opportunity to really go in and improve many quality of life things. It’s essentially slapping a bandage on a contract that while good, really needs a full look. Especially since a large chunk of the contract is no longer applicable as it was amended by one of the multiple LOAs attached to it. Hence kicking the can down the road.

Anyone get an offer the past couple days? They said they would be sending out offers Feb 27th-March 1st.

The LOA’s amended the contract ratified in 2014. You’re right that the old one doesn’t expire. The problem with all of these extension LOAs as opposed to a full section 6 negotiation is that they’re targeted and don’t provide the opportunity to really go in and improve many quality of life things. It’s essentially slapping a bandage on a contract that while good, really needs a full look. Especially since a large chunk of the contract is no longer applicable as it was amended by one of the multiple LOAs attached to it. Hence kicking the can down the road.

SWA Dispatchers fell really far behind industry peers because of our last extension. We did just recoup a lot with a new CBA but there were several years of below industry pay that weren't made up.

Got and completed the assessment a while back and never heard anything after...I'm assuming that that's an unspoken TBNT?

Back