For Sale UFlyMike with Bose Quiet Comfort 2 Aviation Headset

TripleSticks

My work says I can't have the UFlyMike setup any more so I had to go to a different headset. I'm trying out the Clarity Aloft. Consequently, I have a good UFlyMike Headset Adapter and a set of Bose Quiet Comfort 2 Headphones for sale.

I've been using this setup for a few years so it does have about 1000 hours on it but it's in good working condition. The UFlymike Headset Adapter just came back from the UflyMike office in Colorado where it got a new cord set installed. They checked the rest of the unit while it was out there and everything was good. It's basically as good as new now. I fly in a loud airplane so I have 2 mic muffs installed on it (one on top of the other). If you fly in a relatively quiet aircraft you could take one of them off. I just liked it that way so I didn't always have to mess with the squelch.

The Bose QC2's have newish (about 6 months old) ear muffs on them. They work perfectly but they have a broken plastic piece on the bracketry that's above the right ear piece. I repaired this with a slim strip of tightly applied black duct tape as a temporary fix. I was going to send them to Bose to get them fixed but the temporary fix is so sturdy that I figured why mess with it. I've been using them like that for about 11 months and you can't even tell there's anything different from new. They're very sturdy and don't need to be sent in for repair but could be if it's something that bothered someone.

Bose is offering a new deal with the QC15 (I think that's what it's called). You could take the QC2 in and get a big discount on the new version. It would certainly not be needed though. This setup works incredibly well as is.

Go here for high resolution pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnt1969/UFlyMike#

I've got all the pieces and parts for the Bose Headphones and the UFlyMike Headset adapter. You can see everything included in the pictures. The entire package fits very well in the normal Bose Headphone Case. It makes for a compact unit to carry around and it's very light on your head. I really liked it.

Normal retail price for a new setup would be:
$225 for the UFlyMike with 2 plug cord set (http://uflymike.com/id2.html)
$299 for the Bose QC15 (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...ncelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp)

Asking $250 for everything. That's a fantastic price for a sweet noise reducing headset setup.

My work says I can't have the UFlyMike setup any more so I had to go to a different headset. I'm trying out the Clarity Aloft. Consequently, I have a good UFlyMike Headset Adapter and a set of Bose Quiet Comfort 2 Headphones for sale.

I've been using this setup for a few years so it does have about 1000 hours on it but it's in good working condition. The UFlymike Headset Adapter just came back from the UflyMike office in Colorado where it got a new cord set installed. They checked the rest of the unit while it was out there and everything was good. It's basically as good as new now. I fly in a loud airplane so I have 2 mic muffs installed on it (one on top of the other). If you fly in a relatively quiet aircraft you could take one of them off. I just liked it that way so I didn't always have to mess with the squelch.

The Bose QC2's have newish (about 6 months old) ear muffs on them. They work perfectly but they have a broken plastic piece on the bracketry that's above the right ear piece. I repaired this with a slim strip of tightly applied black duct tape as a temporary fix. I was going to send them to Bose to get them fixed but the temporary fix is so sturdy that I figured why mess with it. I've been using them like that for about 11 months and you can't even tell there's anything different from new. They're very sturdy and don't need to be sent in for repair but could be if it's something that bothered someone.

Bose is offering a new deal with the QC15 (I think that's what it's called). You could take the QC2 in and get a big discount on the new version. It would certainly not be needed though. This setup works incredibly well as is.

Go here for high resolution pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnt1969/UFlyMike#

I've got all the pieces and parts for the Bose Headphones and the UFlyMike Headset adapter. You can see everything included in the pictures. The entire package fits very well in the normal Bose Headphone Case. It makes for a compact unit to carry around and it's very light on your head. I really liked it.

Normal retail price for a new setup would be:
$225 for the UFlyMike with 2 plug cord set (http://uflymike.com/id2.html)
$299 for the Bose QC15 (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...ncelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp)

Asking $250 for everything. That's a fantastic price for a sweet noise reducing headset setup.

Would this be quiet enough for Warriors/172s? Or is it meant to be a jet set up?

I use it in a Cessna 402 now. Those are way louder than 172's. It should be fine. I'm sure there's someone on here who uses them in 172's though. They would be able to tell you their experience. But I would say it would be great.

From my experience this setup provides better noise reduction than any David Clark I've tried and also better than the Lightspeed 20xl. I had the 20xl before I got the UFlyMike setup. The reason I got it was because it was way lighter on my head than any of the other setups. I was always getting headaches because I fly for 5-7 hours at a time. So those other headsets got very heavy on my head.

I haven't tried any noise reduction headset other than the DC's and the 20XL.

By the way. I don't know if it exists but I might be willing to knock some of the cost off if someone has some video training dvd's for the King Air 200. I'm going to be heading to FSI soon for Initial King Air training and I would like to get a jump start before I get there.

Why did your employer say you can not have them?

They're only TSO'd if you were a pair of earbuds under them, because if the batteries wear out, unlike on a normal aviation headset, they won't transmit the sound. If his employer is requiring a TSO'd headset, and he doesn't want to wear the earbuds, or something.....or maybe it's a completely different reason :D

I just bought this setup a month ago and it works great. Super light weight and good battery life. One Citation I flew it made a real bad squelch that I couldn't figure out..not sure if it was the plane or the headset..

They're only TSO'd if you were a pair of earbuds under them, because if the batteries wear out, unlike on a normal aviation headset, they won't transmit the sound. If his employer is requiring a TSO'd headset, and he doesn't want to wear the earbuds, or something.....or maybe it's a completely different reason :D

That's it. We have to have something that goes to passive when the batteries run dead. I always kept batteries with me and replaced them whenever the little red light on the Bose Headphones started blinking so I never had a problem. But that's why.

Just amazing they actually called you on it. I have the same set up (q15) and love them. Always have a few spare batts on me.

I just bought this setup a month ago and it works great. Super light weight and good battery life. One Citation I flew it made a real bad squelch that I couldn't figure out..not sure if it was the plane or the headset..

Was the problem only when you keyed the mic? If yes, you may want to check the mic gain. There should be a small hole on the side of the mic base. Also try cleaning the jacks.

Could be an impedance problem too.

Back