UAL MEC unanimously voted for strike authorization vote

Still not following.

With the polling data a very large majority of pilots at UAL wanted to keep the current system in place but increase the accrual rate. That was accomplished. I am sure there are junior folks who have a lot of sick time relatively to their time and I sure there are folks who are 64 who have 40 hours left.

This reminds me of the discussion around the RHA Accounts with the JCBA was ratified. Initially the RHA was very limiting what you can use it for. But the UAL Pilots had it. They were able to build on it, one negotiation lead to another, the IRS had to be consulted now there is the Active Health Reimbursement Account which is very flexible what it is used for.

If this emergency sick bank is formed, it may look different in a few years than it does now in a positive way for the pilots.

I am also VERY confident the reassignment language will be stronger than it is now.

That poll was done by the old leadership team that brought us Tumi 1.0 and it was also before my time with the company. However, I heard that the way they asked that question in the survey was very flawed and leading which gave them poor information to negotiate with on that topic.

I hope you're right on reassignment language, I guess time will tell. I also agree that the ESB may look different next contract then it does on this one.

That poll was done by the old leadership team that brought us Tumi 1.0 and it was also before my time with the company. However, I heard that the way they asked that question in the survey was very flawed and leading which gave them poor information to negotiate with on that topic.

I hope you're right on reassignment language, I guess time will tell. I also agree that the ESB may look different next contract then it does on this one.

You heard wrong. The question was quite clear and was asked different ways depending if it was the survey or phone poll to make sure it couldn't be misinterpreted. It was also done by the same leadership we have now with the phone surveys they did to back up that previous poll.

You heard wrong. The question was quite clear and was asked different ways depending if it was the survey or phone poll to make sure it couldn't be misinterpreted. It was also done by the same leadership we have now with the phone surveys they did to back up that previous poll.

You know you can support the current leadership or TA without agreeing with every single line or action they take. It’s not all or nothing. Just wanted to make sure you understood that was an option.

You know you can support the current leadership or TA without agreeing with every single line or action they take. It’s not all or nothing. Just wanted to make sure you understood that was an option.

Yes, thanks, well aware. There is something in the TA I vehemently disagree with, but it is what it is and will not change my vote on that one time.

I think though you have misinformation about the sick leave provisions, why folks have a lot of time or don't, and want to make sure that is clear. I am really impressed how they handled the sick leave, LOVE what they did to fix it, and looking forward to seeing the language of the TA.

Back