UA 737 charter gone wrong at KLWS

DE727UPS

Reportedly the USC football team charter during unloading. I saw this on facebook so it has to be true. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else yet.
242251026_10218670034964121_6156726711734554584_n.jpg

It’s on ESPN also. Definitely true!

coaches and staff were still on the plane when it happened.

Planes shouldn’t need kickstands.

The Learjet 31had a kickstand for use during loading. Made sense. The engines were in the back, you loaded all of the baggage through the cabin in placed behind the divan. Once one pilot was up front it could be removed. Never saw one used, but I guess they wouldn't have had them if they didnt need them.

And yet, here we are.

That said, servicing and handling at offline stations must give some director, somewhere in the bowels of Willis Tower or wherever, heart palpitations; this is why.

we carry a maintenance person with us on our flights who doubles as a loadmaster. Also is the fueler at military bases where the fuels truck drivers don’t actually fuel the planes. Isn’t this done on these charters to places where there is no specific ground handling?

we carry a maintenance person with us on our flights who doubles as a loadmaster. Also is the fueler at military bases where the fuels truck drivers don’t actually fuel the planes. Isn’t this done on these charters to places where there is no specific ground handling?
In all this time I've never flown a charter (though I'd assume that if I ever did, here we'd have a coordinator for that).

The Learjet 31had a kickstand for use during loading. Made sense. The engines were in the back, you loaded all of the baggage through the cabin in placed behind the divan. Once one pilot was up front it could be removed. Never saw one used, but I guess they wouldn't have had them if they didnt need them.
We used them for towing, not sure if we had to or not but we always did. And of course because it didn’t have enough gas it was always fully topped off which made it more tail heavy. Yet another reason why the 31 sucked

Last edited:
We used them for towing, not sure if we had to or not but we always did. And of course because it didn’t have enough gas it was always fully topped off which made it more tail heavy. Yet another reason why the 31 sucked
We always used the tail stand when I played with 31's (not sure if they did on the road), it makes sense. The 31 is similar to a 28 but the engines are a lot heavier and it's similar to a 35 but it doesn't have the tip tanks. We never stood one on its tail.

We always used the tail stand when I played with 31's (not sure if they did on the road), it makes sense. The 31 is similar to a 28 but the engines are a lot heavier and it's similar to a 35 but it doesn't have the tip tanks. We never stood one on its tail.
We did have one tip on its tail when snow accumulated can’t remember if it had the stand in and the stand just slipped or if it was removed

WOW never saw that on a 737 .. Always thought it was a given on a 3 engine plane especially a 727 or MD-11 or DC-10 .

I just did a dod charter where the soldiers loaded their own bags, under the direction of our loadmaster. The fueling was all handled by the base guys. I had to go look up operational differences between JP8 and Jet A.

Back