Two brand new 172 SPs w/ G1000 have new parking spots

No autopilot, no XM.

I don't understand why you think cross country outside of Florida is an important training element. Explain? (However I've been as far as New Orleans on cross countries, you just have to dream it up!)

As far as autopilot I agree, however it's a very easy transition.

No autopilot, no XM.

I don't understand why you think cross country outside of Florida is an important training element. Explain? (However I've been as far as New Orleans on cross countries, you just have to dream it up!)

As far as autopilot I agree, however it's a very easy transition.

Cross countries outside of Florida would be great because it would force us (students and instructors) to actually experience (i.e.,) takeoff performance in Denver vs. Vero Beach. Discussions about these performance #'s are nice but I'm a hands on learner....having to experience this is a better learning tool. Also, mountain flying is completely different than flying in "flat" Florida. Pre-flight planning is more en-depth.

just my 2 cents. Not trying to create a big discussion. :D

ATP allows cross countries to anywhere. I am not saying FSA should copy or follow ATP but hell, you could fly home and make it count in step 2.

I think FSA should introduce a little more automation at the higher levels of training. Do the 172's have a FD?

Not at all. Our maintenance is great. The Zlin parts (from what I hear) are hard to come by and/or expensive. Cost analysis.....guess this is why FSA turned their heads to contract out the spin program.
Maybe you need to look a little deeper into the problem.
"From what I hear".....common dude don't let them throw dust into your eyes.Nobody is so "great" .

The problem with the Zlin's essentially other than being a MX nightmare, was that when something did break on it, you had to order it from Czech supplies overseas. So not only did it cost alot, but it took quite some time to get parts. Therefore, you get alot of downtime which is def. not good for a flight school.

Mo will be sad he cant spin it up anymore... at least not in the 242s :p

But the mx was top notch there. Ive seen some not so hot mx outfits.

ATP allows cross countries to anywhere. I am not saying FSA should copy or follow ATP but hell, you could fly home and make it count in step 2.

I think FSA should introduce a little more automation at the higher levels of training. Do the 172's have a FD?

No FD.

ATP also has facilities across the nation, we however, do not. MX nightmare with somebody in Kentucky with a Cadet. On our already EXTREMELY limited fleet.

No FD.

ATP also has facilities across the nation, we however, do not. MX nightmare with somebody in Kentucky with a Cadet. On our already EXTREMELY limited fleet.

Yeah, logistically it wouldn't work. Still doesn't keep me from wish'n.

Although, if we make the contract companies acquire new planes for half the cost (FSI for the rest) and subcontract to FlightSafety for the instructors.......that would free up some planes....win/win:nana2: Just dream'n, calm down BliZzue:D

If you can prove otherwise....specific details.....you don't have a soap box.:rolleyes:
Maybe I can, but I don't want to start a bashing contest here.
I worked for that company a few years back. Loved everything there except, Don"stab me in my back"Do.. and a few others.
If you want answers you on your own,dude.
Every school is going to say that their maintenance is the greatest. Do you belive it?
Me? I did not grow old beliving those stories.
Cheers

The difference here is multi faceted. You obviously have some grudge(s) against someone which is blatantly childish and unprofessional. Plus most of the people here praising our MX dept are students and employees. Not management and MX techs.

Feel free to share your opinion about our MX program, but don't just say "IT SUCKS" and then pretend like you don't have to say why.

In 700+ flights I only had 2 or 3 problems that made me turn back or grounded the airplane... thats pretty damn good.

Maybe I can, but I don't want to start a bashing contest here.
I worked for that company a few years back. Loved everything there except, Don"stab me in my back"Do.. and a few others.
If you want answers you on your own,dude.
Every school is going to say that their maintenance is the greatest. Do you belive it?
Me? I did not grow old beliving those stories.
Cheers

You NEED a hug dude.....:D But I agree with everything BliZzue "slapped" you with.:rawk:

Back