TSA Snafu Damages Nine Planes at O'Hare Field

The incompetence of the TSA is an embarassment.

My question is that if Rufus did this at ORD and was caught, how many other TSA Turds have done this at other airports without getting caught.

How many birds are flying around with a Jungle Gym for a TAT Probe?

F^&%&^%&^%&%&^%&)(*__*&^$^$+_ THE TSA

Hell, I'd make a custom lanyard that said that. I wonder if I would get the federal finger up the arse if I ask the next TSATURD I deal with how many airplanes he's climbed upon that day?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

google "Custom Lanyards"

I'm in....I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to express our feelings over this.....

Thank goodness there aren't that many 72's around or the TSA would "discover" that it doesn't take a key to drop the aft airstairs....

I can't believe that the FAA freaking ASLEEP and giving the TSA free reign to destroy airplanes fighting "straw men" at the airport? They're going to get innocent people killed one of these days by tampering with aircraft.

What's a brother got to do for some media attention on this?!

Write the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today and let them know that if they don't publish your letter/article, when the first airplane crashes from this kinda thing that you'll have copies of what you sent them, and your congressmen and you'll make sure ALL the heads roll.

Got this off of AVWEB, I can't belive it!!

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1197-full.html#198645

Need to scroll down just a little bit.

What did u expect from them? After all, the TSA was started by an administration with the philosophy of "taking it to the enemy" I am sure that this philosophy extends through all its agencies. Quite frankly, i am surprised that story has yet to make into the regular press by now.

:banghead: Just look at the BLM in Colorado: they auctioned every bit of oil-shale mineral rights before all the protests could be finalized (which, according to my understanding, is actually required b4 they auction stuff).

More from the SLC CPO Daily Bulletin:

TSA On Offensive After Damaging Aircraft

While the TSA stipulates that its inspector damaged sensitive external probes while assessing the security of nine American Eagle planes parked overnight at O'Hare, it contends that the inspector got into seven of the nine -- and that American is to blame. Toward that end, the TSA is opening an inquiry into "multiple security violations" by American Eagle. Forty American Eagle flights were delayed to allow mechanics time to determine if probes would still properly function following the inspector's "inspection." The inconvenience and loss of revenue may now be compounded by the TSA's continuing investigation that could theoretically fine the airline up to $175,000, according to the TSA, for leaving their aircraft vulnerable. The TSA said doors were left open on the aircraft and that this week's inspection was a follow-up to earlier inspections, which exposed the same vulnerability.

You know, because, uhh, terrorists couldn't just open a door ya know. They flew FREAKING AIRPLANES INTO BUILDINGS but they couldn't just read the "pull handle, twist, push, pull" instructions labeled, as per FAA regulations, on the side of the door.

Ok, here's the solution.

American pays the fine, The TSA agent gets fired, put on the no-fly list, and goes to jail for a long time.

No way.
AE should be reimbursed for costs of repair and delays.
The TSA is in the wrong 100% here. The ramp/SIDA is supposed to be secured by the TSA.

I done did my part,
emailed a statement and the link to the story to my congressman, senators, and congresswoman Lee Jackson and congressman Oberstar.
Get busy contacting the right people. Attention has to be paid regarding this.

Back