Maybe Baltia can buy one of their planes and actually get their operation running, versus just paying to park a 747-200 and fail test after test

We are talking about Transaero, right? Isn't that what the thread is about? Just curious if I went wrong somewhere, or if you are trying to get a point across...

chill.jpeg

Funny, because every gun thread seems to talk about mental illness :rolleyes:

The point is we have NO idea who flew those planes. They could be ferry pilots by the leasing companies Transaero pilots, etc. In the past, a condition of getting paid out severance packages at a few airlines was dependent on doing flights like this. All I am saying.

View attachment 33226

Funny, because every gun thread seems to talk about mental illness :rolleyes:

The point is we have NO idea who flew those planes. They could be ferry pilots by the leasing companies Transaero pilots, etc. In the past, a condition of getting paid out severance packages at a few airlines was dependent on doing flights like this. All I am saying.
Uh, what? You lost me. Why is any gun thread being discussed? What are you talking about?

These were more than likely ferry pilots; although, I didn't see ads for a mass exodus of planes, it's the most likely scenario. So why did me saying they probably didn't get a severance from a Russian company lead to this discussion? Are you agreeing with me that it maybe wasn't Transaero pilots, as you implied with the severance comments?

Or, once again, do you have a point? I merely pointed out it's a bankrupt Russian company, so there was probably no severance. Some companies will pay, but when $3+ billion in debt, there's little to pay out.

Eh, enjoy the conversation. I'm busy watching a documentary. ;) It is a fitting show too.:D

Was that plane heading to LETL, (Teruel)? That airfield was specifically built to be like Pinal Airpark, but in Europe.

I was reading that for financing reasons, Aeroflot might operate the 747s for a while. They would look pretty cool in that livery for one, and on that note, who'd have ever thought Aeroflot would fly a 747 even 10 years ago?

If your severance package was dependent on your ferrying the airplane, you probably would have said 'OK'.
If my terms and conditions of employment required me to operate the flight, I would operate it.

(you worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.)

Back