Training

Re: Update (10/25/04)

Passed my checkride today!
cool.gif

Have a few days off, then down to RSW for two nights of ATR 72 differences training, then IOE in SJU, then to base in MIA.

Checkride went well. 2 ILS approaches, 1 GPS app. w/ a hold, and 1 NDB app (my favorite). Stall recoveries, V1 cuts, all that fun stuff.

I was in such a hurry to flee Dallas (finally!), I forgot to check out of my hotel room. Oops!
grin.gif

Sweet! Good job man.

[ QUOTE ]
I was in such a hurry to flee Dallas (finally!), I forgot to check out of my hotel room. Oops!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh crap, you actually have to check out of hotels? The past 4 hotels I've stayed at I just left...

[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I remember that feeling. How big was the smile on your face during take-off? I was so happy to leave DFW after AA new-hire school I just sat there for like half an hour with this big stupid grin plastered across my face.

Congrats on the ride man!

I never check out!
smile.gif

DFW was a weird city. Loads of concrete, roads everywhere and strange liquor laws. I miss my base tremendously, but I really don't miss DFW all that much.

I, on the other hand, consider DFW the best place I've lived in my entire life, and I've lived in quite a few places. I'd move back in a heartbeat given the opportunity to do so. (Of course, now that the DL hub is going bye-bye, the commute would suck!)

Back