Today's Pinnacle conference call

IF we block out 1 minute late, we'll get a phone call on our off day for an explanation. But Management can lose 100 million dollars and still hang on to their jobs? They probably even got a bonus becase our great perfomance numbers last year!

See that's my main beef. There's NO accountability when it comes to our management. The shareholders should be screaming for blood. If this happened at a place like Disney (and it did) the CEO would be stammering and fighting to keep his job (and Eisner was forced to do exactly that). Here, though, it's just business as usual. Lost millions upon millions of dollars and devalued the stock more than most people make in a year? No problem. What's our tee time?

Yet Brian is exactly right. If we block out one minute late, someone's calling wanting to know if they can shove the delay on someone else in the finger pointing meeting so they can save their bonus. Wanna save the company money? End the bonus program and make keeping your JOB reliant on performance. I don't mind being held accountable for delays, etc. It's my job, and I keep track of that stuff. If I've got a delayed flight in the past 6 months, I can go back in my notes and tell you exactly why it was delayed. I just want our management team held to the same accountability standards. As it is, I don't trust them to wash my car much less run an airline.

IF we block out 1 minute late, we'll get a phone call on our off day for an explanation. But Management can lose 100 million dollars and still hang on to their jobs? They probably even got a bonus becase our great perfomance numbers last year!

That is why I am angry. I am cold because I am up north every trip, yet am southern based!?

That is why I am angry. I am cold because I am up north every trip, yet am southern based!?

I've been dancing a jig b/c I've done all MEM trips so far in Jan. Makes up for every friggin trip in Nov/Dec starting and ending with a DH to and from DTW.....

Higney - I'm "in the south" too.... but we ATL'rs go to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Dayton, Cinci, Chicago-Midway etc.... all very very cold and wet/icy/etc. right now. I feel your pain. Actually once it gets that cold I can't feel a thing but that's an other story....

Higney - I'm "in the south" too.... but we ATL'rs go to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Dayton, Cinci, Chicago-Midway etc.... all very very cold and wet/icy/etc. right now. I feel your pain. Actually once it gets that cold I can't feel a thing but that's an other story....

Not to start anything but when I look at the back of the USA today and see that we just left the coldest place on the map it only starts to get the feeling back in my feet. Duluth, Bangor,Winnipeg.... Now that's some serious brr. I'll take 15deg and snowing all day, -40windchill is a whole different animal. It seems I'm just lucky like that...

Not to start anything but when I look at the back of the USA today and see that we just left the coldest place on the map it only starts to get the feeling back in my feet. Duluth, Bangor,Winnipeg.... Now that's some serious brr. I'll take 15deg and snowing all day, -40windchill is a whole different animal. It seems I'm just lucky like that...

LOL you got me beat for sure.

There sure is a great deal of doom and gloom over at APC about Pinnacle. You guys really in that bad of financle shape?

Holy ####, that's hilarious.

What's scary is that I saw it, looked at it, ran the spell check. . .and well. . .duh. . .financle.

*Hangs head in shame*

Financial.

heh, Bangor at least it's not Presque Isle like the other holdings cert has to go to. It's not that bad, we usually get about 3-5 degrees warmer than the interior of the state because of the ocean. Its above 0F most of the time. At your flight its not a 520 am departure, the sun is up by 830. We have been having a cold spell for a bit though.

When you get this southern boy up and flying too early for a USA Today, hotel breakfast, and even the starbucks is closed in the airport its a rough day. -40 windchill then a canadian (think cold) plane that doesn't want to function til it's warm only complicates things.

PNCL corp is fine- this is all the doom and gloom that happens around here. MGMT uses fear instead of financial incentives because they find memo's and conference calls to be cheaper than performance bonuses.

PNCL corp is fine- this is all the doom and gloom that happens around here. MGMT uses fear instead of financial incentives because they find memo's and conference calls to be cheaper than performance bonuses.

Unless they're the ones getting the performance bonuses. Seriously, my main motivation right now to block out on time is a) not to get called wanting to know why I was late and b) to maximize my crew's rest. That's about it. I couldn't care less if the flight was out on time otherwise. I heard a FA complaining that her bonus last month was only $92. I wanted to scream since normally it's the pilots that bring things together at the last minute or save everyone's butt. I started keeping track of what all I did yesterday other than my job. I was a CSA, a dispatcher, a scheduler, a load planner and a ramper (not throwing bags but correcting horrible math on a load sheet). That was TWO flights (one of them a DH). To hear them talk about how poor the financial shape of the company is after watching management flush $$$ down the toilet, buy an airline, buy 30+ airplanes for that airline, and buy new planes for our airline is like being slapped in the face....five times.

The fear memos we get on a weekly basis do nothing be generate an "us vs them" mentality between the pilots and management. In times of financial crisis, shouldn't the parts of the machine come TOGETHER to help out? At least, that's what they taught in my principles of management class. That inspiring your work force has more positive effects than threatening them. Then again, my class wasn't taught by Frank Lorenzo.....

You forgot the new motto...

"We're not happy until you're not happy!"

Thanks for all that you do!:panic:

Back