Today's Pinnacle conference call

Do you all see the light? :crazy:

Yeah, it's a train. :)

I'm not too confident on growth on the DAL side. Yeah, there's POTENTIAL growth there, but I don't know how competitive we are to get any of it. Looks like most of the goodies have been going to Mesaba. Delta loves to hype Mesaba and Compass up in conference calls while slashing and burning Comair. More than likely Mesa's on the way out, and I wouldn't be surprised to see CHQ/Shuttle America's contracts just not get renewed when they come up. Now, as to if any of that flying is gonna get replaced, it's a toss up with Delta scaling back. If it DOES get replaced, we've got a knife fight with every other regional out there to get any of it. I'm not confident in our management team when it comes to that.

In order to be secure as a non-wholly owned DCI carrier, we need flying with another airline. The NWA/Delta merger just put us right back where we were two years ago: flying for one carrier with our careers dangling on their whim. I've heard that we need more -900s flying in order to make that whole program worth it in the long run. Be nice if the airline managers running the place could actually justify the salaries they get.

When do the Shuttle Amerika and ChittyTaco's contracts "expire?"

But yes, I'm in agreement. . .Mesa, sadly for the employees, won't be lingering around much longer unless JO can some how find some new fraudtastic venture to save his little hobby.

Management, using knives? The apocalypse is near.

When do the Shuttle Amerika and ChittyTaco's contracts "expire?"

But yes, I'm in agreement. . .Mesa, sadly for the employees, won't be lingering around much longer unless JO can some how find some new fraudtastic venture to save his little hobby.

Management, using knives? The apocalypse is near.

thx for the sympathy :)

Do you see some growth the rest of us don't?

growth on the horizon.. I don't recall saying how far away the horizon is :p

all kidding aside. -900's equipped in a way that is not needed for domestic use. The company had a list of locations that are coming, they just need to prove themselves first. The "prove" part seems to be the problem lately.

In no way am I suggesting the DAL side will ever be larger than the NWA side, but if you know the history of this management team they don't do crap for a "chance" they have it somewhere in stone.

growth on the horizon.. I don't recall saying how far away the horizon is :p

all kidding aside. -900's equipped in a way that is not needed for domestic use. The company had a list of locations that are coming, they just need to prove themselves first. The "prove" part seems to be the problem lately.

In no way am I suggesting the DAL side will ever be larger than the NWA side, but if you know the history of this management team they don't do crap for a "chance" they have it somewhere in stone.

I heard they were supposed to try BZE but thats about it, what else?

Also, what are your thoughts on them firing all the base managers and making them reapply?

Also, what are your thoughts on them firing all the base managers and making them reapply?

From the way I understand it, they're combining in-flight and flight ops management. They're going about it the total wrong way, as usual, but it's a smart idea from a money standpoint. We might actually have a flight ops management that stays after 4 pm or comes in before 9 am.

We might actually have a flight ops management that stays after 4 pm or comes in before 9 am.

You really expect that to happen?

Come on, lets be realistic... coming in before 9 or staying after 4 will (more than likely) benefit the pilot group in some way, so it's probably not going to happen.

Come on, lets be realistic... coming in before 9 or staying after 4 will (more than likely) benefit the pilot group in some way, so it's probably not going to happen.

Best get that in your contract. . .otherwise . . . :panic: ;)

Hey, a guy can dream about getting the new FOM and CFM on a day he's actually working, right? Their better than banker hours makes it tough for guys doing high speeds to even know what they look like.

By the way, a little off the topic, but our 200's are supposed to start getting repainted in Delta colors in April 6-8 per month

BZE and others have been on the list for some time. Basically many locations on the coast of Mexico and further south.

regarding the combination of inflight and flight op's.. they did the same thing on the last layoff/furlough. the only thing different is last time they did it in seniority order.

the other comment when I looked at salary, it appears to be lower than what I know some of them make. The company rarely starts people at the top tier, so those taking the jobs most likely are looking at significant pay cuts as well.

the only odd thing is why have BM, I would have expected them to give the ACP's more of the warm and fuzzy HR crap and keep the FOS/ABM for the administrative work. They coud easily save 250K plus by doing that alone UNLESS.. the BM are going to be more inflight and less flight op's since you already have the ACP's. The FOS/ABM can be either, it really does not matter.

We might actually have a flight ops management that stays after 4 pm or comes in before 9 am.

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::yup:

yea.. I remember one BM who came in 4 hours late because their cat was sick. What do you think the response would be it you told your BM "hey, I am going to miss the first out and back because my cat is sick and has to go to the vet?"

flight op's management has one of the better jobs in the company. Especially in the bases where they don't use company ramp staff.. you can blame anyone and get away with it.

I have a comment about this whole Pinnacle mess, if the company was really in trouble, don't you think we would be hearing some doom and gloom stuff out of colgan since both of our profits or losses go right to the umbrella that is Pinnacle Corp. What affects one affects the other now.

In the SOC, they've already started cutting people...

In the SOC, they've already started cutting people...

Colgan or Pinnacle SOC? They might be cutting Colgan SOC staff for a future merge with the Pinnacle SOC. AFAIK, they're still planning to go ahead with getting bigger real estate in MEM to handle a combined SOC and HQ.

Word from up high is they need to save $10 million for the year. Having two SOCs has to be a drain on the finances.

I have a ... source... on the inside at Colgan SOC. Reports there is that things are VERY tense and everyone is being evaluated.

What's this i hear about pinnacle having millions in securities they can't sell?

If you are not familiar with the failed ARS situation for pinnacle google it for the press release. Also ARS stands for auction rate securities. $100+ million gamble our mgmt lost... Brilliant! Sorry. Angry, cold, and can't cut and paste from the iPhone.

Colgan or Pinnacle SOC? They might be cutting Colgan SOC staff for a future merge with the Pinnacle SOC. AFAIK, they're still planning to go ahead with getting bigger real estate in MEM to handle a combined SOC and HQ.

Word from up high is they need to save $10 million for the year. Having two SOCs has to be a drain on the finances.

Pinnacle SOC...several people given notice shortly after the conrference call.

If you are not familiar with the failed ARS situation for pinnacle google it for the press release. Also ARS stands for auction rate securities. $100+ million gamble our mgmt lost... Brilliant! Sorry. Angry, cold, and can't cut and paste from the iPhone.

IF we block out 1 minute late, we'll get a phone call on our off day for an explanation. But Management can lose 100 million dollars and still hang on to their jobs? They probably even got a bonus becase our great perfomance numbers last year!

Back