Today in History - Nine years ago

There is absolutely no such evidence. Just wild theories.

That’s your opinion.

Someone very deliberately turned off the transponder, neglected to communicate with ATC, and guided the aircraft to one of the the remotest parts of the planet. These are the facts that we know.

I don’t know how you can come to the conclusion that it was anything other than deliberate.

That’s your opinion.

Someone very deliberately turned off the transponder, neglected to communicate with ATC, and guided the aircraft to one of the the remotest parts of the planet. These are the facts that we know.

I don’t know how you can come to the conclusion that it was anything other than deliberate.

Lots of research on conspiracy thinking. The experts seem to believe that conspiracy theorists are generally compensating for feeling unimportant or unintelligent. Thinking that they know something secret that everyone else can’t figure out makes them feel better about themselves.

That’s your opinion.

Using your theory, I'm not saying your wrong. One pilot killed the other pilot? Do you think both pilots were in on this?

More likely locked the other out of the cockpit if I had to guess, just like Egyptair
One issue I have with that. The plan would be on hold until if/when other pilot went to the bathroom. To pull this off a lot of fuel was required.

Then depressurize the plane so everyone suffocated?

One issue I have with that. The plan would be on hold until if/when other pilot went to the bathroom. To pull this off a lot of fuel was required.

There are portable O2 bottles on the aircraft. Additionally, a lot of things happen automagically as the plane depressurizes.

There are portable O2 bottles on the aircraft. Additionally, a lot of things happen automagically as the plane depressurizes.
Can any (or all) of the magic systems be disabled from the cockpit? Switches, C.B.s, etc?

Can any (or all) of the magic systems be disabled from the cockpit? Switches, C.B.s, etc?

The Portable O2 bottles and PBE's, nope, they're fully self-contained.

I'm unsure about the Passenger O2 system on the 777 so I can't comment on that. I can google and act like I know tho! :)

No. As a CA it’s easy to do that in that part of the world. FAs don’t even enter. It is literally a hey man, can you get me (insert whatever). And the FO obliges and leaves.

Using your theory, I'm not saying your wrong. One pilot killed the other pilot? Do you think both pilots were in on this?

Hypothetically speaking, he could have waited until the FO needed to use the ‘loo. That’s what the kid that crashed the Germanwings A320 did. I don’t think they were both in on it, no.

Just finished watching the Netflix 3 episode series in this accident. WTF did I just watch? Theory 1 is what happened in all likeliness.

Theory 2 is ABSOLUTE bonkers! And from Jeff Wise?! An aviation guy I kinda respect.

Theory 3 is a way far fetched. Yeah, US AWACS shadowed them and then eventually had the plane shot down? Oh come on.

Not just from an aviation perspective, but bro holds a degree in evolutionary biology from Harvard! He’s not an idiot, he just plays one on TV when it comes to MH370.

He just let himself get all wrapped up in the mystery and he lost his normally robust scientific ideals.

His theory seems to be the least probable. Hijackers somehow got ahold of the aircraft, spoofed the satellite signals, and flew the aircraft to Kazakistan just to disappear the crew and passengers and grind up the aircraft and drop it in many places around the Indian Ocean because Russia wants to take the heat off of themselves for invading Ukraine?

I really wonder what goes through the heads of otherwise intelligent individuals when they come up with stuff like this. Surely, he doesn't actually believe this. Do they really want the publicity bad enough to compromise their intellectual honesty for it?

I have no idea.

But I heavily, heavily doubt `there are several hundred people sitting on an island in some live-action version of the show "Lost".
Anyone got eyes on Diego Garcia lately? Maybe the Navy's got 'em.

1. Airplane stolen, to be used as a WTC like attack
(unlikely due to difficulty of hiding a 777 from satellite recon)

2. Aliens
(because you think like a 10 year old)

3. Angry pilot guy kills other pilot, depressurizes plane and crashes because F you and F society.
Scenarios found on his computer
Acronymed Associations probably know location but disseminating it would reveal capabilities and techniques.

Can we let this die now?

Back