Today in History - Nine years ago

The Immarsat data just shows the most plausible path of the aircraft and indeed is the most accurate path/position reporting that we have so far, what it doesn't tell you is why, I'm not sure of your logic here ??

The logic is simple: planes don’t just fly themselves thousands of miles off course towards the Arctic Ocean.

This must be the most studied aircraft incident in history.

Probable Cause:​
The Team is unable to determine the real cause for the disappearance of MH370.​

If you know something no one else knows, please advise.

We don’t know the cause meaning we don’t know if it was a hijacker or a suicide. But foul play of some sort is clear, it wasn’t just a mechanical failure, fire, etc.

Well then it is solved. Holy crap man, where were you when everyone was searching for answers!?
There are gradations of "solved". We don't know, and probably never will know, exactly who did it, but somebody did it. This wasn't an "accident" by any meaningful reading of the term, by any rational reading.

Boris is agreeing with me. You’re the one confused.

Hardly.

The both of you have nothing more than a theory. Hundreds of people who spend their lives investigating accidents, and have dedicated their efforts on MH370 from several countries across the globe have not been able to prove foul play.

Just because you want something is true, doesn't make it factual. You may be right, but getting a guess right doesn't make you educated on the matter, that is for sure.

Nobody is suggesting that it's proven. But the vast preponderance of evidence (and common sense) suggests that it was a deliberate act by someone. Likely someone who was in the cockpit. Why is this difficult to accept? I mean sure, maybe it was space aliens or unicorns, anything is possible! Fnord, etc.

O2 bottles and their plumbing can be "problematic". I'm not talking about generators, I'm talking about bottles. Quite often they seem to be mounted adjacent to something important, at least that's been my experience with anything that was based on a 121 airplane. With no real knowledge about this missing airplane I do suspect one of the crew slipped a step or two on their mental ladder but without retrieving the wreckage I'm just as willing to blame the airplane because at this point no one knows.

Nobody is suggesting that it's proven. But the vast preponderance of evidence (and common sense) suggests that it was a deliberate act by someone. Likely someone who was in the cockpit. Why is this difficult to accept? I mean sure, maybe it was space aliens or unicorns, anything is possible! Fnord, etc.
There is absolutely no such evidence. Just wild theories.

I'm just as willing to blame the airplane because at this point no one knows.
I respect your knowledge of the mechanics of airplanes, it's certainly much greater than my own. But let's tease this out. So the O2 bottles blow due at an inflight fire? (which no one said anything about on the radio), then everyone instantly dies? And then the O2 bottles (or maybe the nefarious fire) turn the transponder off? Fire tentacles, we didn't even know about them until now. And then the thing flies, on fire, on its own, to the South Indian Ocean, where it proceeds to crash? Jesus Christ, Occam's Razor has evidently been sold to Gillette.

No other scenario matches the footprint of what exactly happened.

Most likely the CA waited for the radio switch and arranged a bathroom break. FO out, and now go about your business. Just like Egypt Air 990. The going off course, and multiple heading changes were deliberate. Not talking was deliberate. Even if you counter they were overcome by smoke/fire/fumes, then the aircraft wouldn’t have turned and maneuvered as it did. That was human input, probably on autopilot. Multiple turns to finally take that final course out over the ocean.

The 777 is true and tried in 2014. I can’t imagine a never-before-seen failure in that plane that happened that one time only and nothing since.

Sorry folks, but slum is correct. No other scenario draws out other than pilot input / intentional. Best guess is the CA.

Last edited:
I respect your knowledge of the mechanics of airplanes, it's certainly much greater than my own. But let's tease this out. So the O2 bottles blow due at an inflight fire? (which no one said anything about on the radio), then everyone instantly dies? And then the O2 bottles (or maybe the nefarious fire) turn the transponder off? Fire tentacles, we didn't even know about them until now. And then the thing flies, on fire, on its own, to the South Indian Ocean, where it proceeds to crash? Jesus Christ, Occam's Razor has evidently been sold to Gillette.
I've never worked on a Boeing, the closest I've been to anything 121 based is an Embraer Legacy. I think they're just an RJ pretending to be a corporate jet, which is fine, I think they're good airplanes. Did you know the O2 bottle for the crew is mounted directly behind the copilots seat in the cockpit? I never said a bottle blew up, I said O2 bottles and their associated plumbing can be problematic. Did the pilot lose his last marble? Maybe. Did something else happen? Maybe. Trying to make a definitive statement isn't possible, and it may never be. If the wreckage is found we'll have more answers and maybe a definitive cause. At this point MH370 might as well be Amelia Earhart, everyone's an expert with nothing more than an opinion and no real evidence. I'm willing to listen to everyones theories but until we have actual evidence we don't know. I hope you noticed I don't discount the theory that the pilot decided to end his life and take everyone on board with him, it wouldn't be the first time.

It’s been a long time, but didn’t it take a path around islands that seemed to deliberately avoid radar coverage rather than just turn left and fly straight?

It’s been a long time, but didn’t it take a path around islands that seemed to deliberately avoid radar coverage rather than just turn left and fly straight?
I'd imagine that info is just a few keystrokes away. Why would you ask here?

Because i don’t feel like googling it and going down the rabbit hole.
So you want someone else to go down that rabbit hole for you? I'm pretty sure you're smart and using google and avoiding some sort of bottomless hole of info is not beyond your internet skills. You just felt a strong urge to post. I understand, I occasionally do the same thing.

Back