Tips for Pinnacle

howlngwlf

Pinnacle is doing a phone interview with me on Thursday (dispatcher)...any tips or information would be appreciated..Thank you

Check list for a Pinnacle interview.

1. Have a pulse.

End of checklist.

:sarcasm:

Don't worry about it to much. Pinnacle is a good place to go and learn. Most people who interview get on there. Just relax be yourself and don't BS them and you should be good.

No thats not quite right....Have to have a dispatch ticket and a pulse whats wrong with ya

The phone interview won't be very technical as its a phone screen. If they like you, they will get you to MEM (for now) for a face to face interview and test. Remember, they are moving to MSP soon and a lot of their SOC personnel are not going to MSP.

The phone interview won't be very technical as its a phone screen. If they like you, they will get you to MEM (for now) for a face to face interview and test. Remember, they are moving to MSP soon and a lot of their SOC personnel are not going to MSP.

They really did emphasize the move to Minn. in my first conversation with them to set up the interview. I had heard some semi bad things about them but right now, Ill take anything. Id even take a cargo outfit flying one plane full of bananas out of the congo. Havent been able to find anything since graduated from school. So think Ill take this if I get it.

Thank you Jose..and good luck
Just finished, 30 minutes of fun! Review your weather (fronts, TS), approach plates, regs (i.e. max hours a Dx can work in 24 hrs), TAF/METAR, airspace types, and Victor Ways. He also asked some scenario questions involving MEL, hot/heavy, and engine out examples. The first class should start end of March in MEM, and follow-on classes will be in MSP. Ironically, right after I finished I also got a call from Ameriflight, any info on them would be greatly appreciated. GL!

Ironically, right after I finished I also got a call from Ameriflight, any info on them would be greatly appreciated. GL!
Unless you have aspirations of flying, then don't even bother with Ameriflight. PCNL isn't great but it is at least "dispatching" at a 121 airline vs. "flight following" at a 135 air carrier.

Unless you have aspirations of flying, then don't even bother with Ameriflight. PCNL isn't great but it is at least "dispatching" at a 121 airline vs. "flight following" at a 135 air carrier.
Kinda got that vibe as well, since it sounded more like a jack-of-all-trades/customer service representative position than dispatching...

This is what I typed up from an interview with Pinnacle. Unfortunately, MEM was an easier commute instead of MSP.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:
Received a call from Pinnacle HR asking if I was still interested in interviewing - I told them yes. They had me fill out and publish my application online. The recruiter will then send you your airline ticket information via email. They also will have a car setup for you from the airport to downtown Memphis.

First, you will be given a written test (25 questions) that you complete before speaking with you. Questions on this were:

How many hours can a dispatcher work legally in 24 hours?

3 components of a Thunderstorm

Read a TAF

METAR and how long is it good for

6 US states (they give you a map, then you fill the states out - pay attention to the NE USA)

Weight and Balance question with bags and needing 500 pounds to play with - simple multiplication

Pinnacle uses LIDO charts, but what were the landing mins at an airport using a LIDO chart

Money was not discussed due to the TWU union had just signed a concessionary contrat with the company, but it does not take effect until ALPA and AFA agree to their contracts. The company has also not determined if they will stay in MEM or if they will move their HQ to MSP.

I thought this was a done deal and they are moving to MSP?
Yes, the guy said they expect the move to MSP to be done by June at the latest. Last Dx class they'll have in MEM will be starting in March, and all hired after that will get trained at their new HQ in MSP...

Is this place even going to be around in 24 months? Not trying to flame but working for a bankrupt company doesn't sound fun.

That interview gouge was from October from last year when it was not determined if they would be in MEM or MSP. I think they will be around in 24 months... just in a different capacity.

Back