Time Between Reference Letters and FOL

w00Pilot

From the time your references started receiving their letters, how long was it until you got your FOL ? Just a quick response will do. I know every case is different, and the process has slowed up recently. Im just curious as to how long it took, so I can relax a bit.

From the time your references started receiving their letters, how long was it until you got your FOL ? Just a quick response will do. I know every case is different, and the process has slowed up recently. Im just curious as to how long it took, so I can relax a bit.

Hi there, I think it is not measurable right now with the hold. My reference letters were finished 3 weeks ago and I was told to look for the FOL at the end of August. (this also goes hand in hand with your security and medical checks, my opinion is the reference letters are the last step for them) Had this hold not been put in place I should have received the FOL 2 weeks ago. They are just waiting on the release of the academy dates now.

I think tha the people that can start measuring the time line are maybe the Chicago PEPC people. It's hard to say. The hold has really thrown time lines for a loop. I would say 1 week from the last letter being sent back. (No Hold)

Hope it helps....

Yah, it sounds like we're all screwed now....
It'll be months before we get something definite

October, November, maybe December who knows!

BTW, does anyone ever get a different facility for their FOL? (not by request, but the FAA just decides to swap you. I ask because the facility i'm going to doesn't appear to NEED people, unlike other places)

Hi there, I think it is not measurable right now with the hold. My reference letters were finished 3 weeks ago and I was told to look for the FOL at the end of August. (this also goes hand in hand with your security and medical checks, my opinion is the reference letters are the last step for them) Had this hold not been put in place I should have received the FOL 2 weeks ago. They are just waiting on the release of the academy dates now.

I think tha the people that can start measuring the time line are maybe the Chicago PEPC people. It's hard to say. The hold has really thrown time lines for a loop. I would say 1 week from the last letter being sent back. (No Hold)

Hope it helps....

Your signature prompted me to post this thread :laff:

I saw your TOL was in JUNE, and still no FOL. agghh

I say it's all part of the FAA's scheme to see if this hurry up and wait deal will stress us out :p

Your signature prompted me to post this thread :laff:

I saw your TOL was in JUNE, and still no FOL. agghh

I say it's all part of the FAA's scheme to see if this hurry up and wait deal will stress us out :p

Yea I'm takin it in stride. Moved out to Dallas temporarily for the wait. I am going to work for one of the companies from Vegas that is also out here just to keep myself busy. My life has been extreamly chaotic for the past couple years so this break is well needed. Still no FOL but all my security clearances are in and just waiting on the class dates to be released. I'm not sweating it. Just anxious to get started. I am away from all my friends which sucks but cutting the apron strings in Dallas will make the transition to OKC even better. They will have all forgotten about me when I get to OKC so I will be fully focused!!!

Does anyone know or has been on a tour of ZFW??? I was looking for an AMEX store the other day, which is no longer there ::frustrating::, and I happened upon FAA blvd. I decided to turn onto the road and nearly had a fit when I saw the ARTCC right there. I figured since I was here and so close I might see if I could tour the facility. I have read about the people calling and I will prob do that but if someone knows who to ask for specifically that would be great!!!

Thanks for checkin up on me 00Pilot!!!

I was wondering the same thing...does anyone know how many letters they want back before they issue the FOL?

I heard 75% of your personal ( Knows you well ) references, and 50% of your employer/school references.

Might I ask where in VA you live ? Ill be relocating there once i get out of OKC.

I was wondering the same thing...does anyone know how many letters they want back before they issue the FOL?

I don't know if there is an answer to this really....

They do not send out letters to every reference.

Mine were
2 of 3 personal
4 of 7 residence
2 of 7 work (that I know of) there are 3 with one company that I probably would not hear if they did send it.

All of my references got their letters mailed back within 1 day and I did not hear from OKC that my clearance was complete until all those letters would have made it back. This is my speculation but as it has been stated before they may not expect to get them all back. My experience is that they sent reference letters to the most recent references. Therefore mostly ensuring people would still be at their addresses and you would be fresh in their minds!!!
icon7.gif
Could be a scary thought for some of us. ha ha ha

I don't know if there is an answer to this really....

They do not send out letters to every reference.

Mine were
2 of 3 personal
4 of 7 residence
2 of 7 work (that I know of) there are 3 with one company that I probably would not hear if they did send it.

All of my references got their letters mailed back within 1 day and I did not hear from OKC that my clearance was complete until all those letters would have made it back. This is my speculation but as it has been stated before they may not expect to get them all back. My experience is that they sent reference letters to the most recent references. Therefore mostly ensuring people would still be at their addresses and you would be fresh in their minds!!!
icon7.gif
Could be a scary thought for some of us. ha ha ha

How did you find out your clearance was complete without receiving your FOL? Did you call them or did they e-mail/call you?

Mine were
2 of 3 personal
4 of 7 residence

wait, you put down 17 references? I'm not even sure how I could get 7 work references without jeopardizing my current employment. not because i'm a bad employee, but because sooner or later management will get wind of it and POOF!

How did you find out your clearance was complete without receiving your FOL? Did you call them or did they e-mail/call you?

I called to check on the status. I was tent. sched for the 7/28 class and wanted to know how things were going. That's when I got all the news about the clearances and hold and such. I found all this out last Tues.

wait, you put down 17 references? I'm not even sure how I could get 7 work references without jeopardizing my current employment. not because i'm a bad employee, but because sooner or later management will get wind of it and POOF!

I am pretty sure I am older than you and one of the companies I worked for was Cirque du Soleil. I was the stage manager for 3 different shows over the course of 6 years. This year I have been working at 3 jobs. that's an easy 6.

As for residences...I have moved alot. due to different circumstances...bigger places when I had roommates.....smaller when I was alone...a relationship...no biggie....all in good faith and never broke a lease!!!

I am just a busy person, I guess

Just curious, the FAA website still lists a bunch of basics-terminal classes in August and September. Do you think these are cancelled, or they're just going to be filled with trainees going to critically staffed facilities?

(I count 8 classes just in September... they've got to put some of us in those, don't you think?)

I am pretty sure I am older than you and one of the companies I worked for was Cirque du Soleil. I was the stage manager for 3 different shows over the course of 6 years. This year I have been working at 3 jobs. that's an easy 6.

As for residences...I have moved alot. due to different circumstances...bigger places when I had roommates.....smaller when I was alone...a relationship...no biggie....all in good faith and never broke a lease!!!

I am just a busy person, I guess

Oof, you must of had fun at the EQIP :)

Back