Time Between Reference Letters and FOL

Just curious, the FAA website still lists a bunch of basics-terminal classes in August and September. Do you think these are cancelled, or they're just going to be filled with trainees going to critically staffed facilities?

(I count 8 classes just in September... they've got to put some of us in those, don't you think?)

I would think they would fill them. I talked to an HR rep last week, she said my FOL should still be expected within 3-6 weeks, and that my class date (8/26) was still a possibility. Maybe PCT is a critical fac? Wouldn't surprise me as it's the 3rd busiest TRACON in the country. :panic:

EQIP was your worst nightmare at the PEPC. Entering all your information into the first laptop ever developed. Remember? haha

Ahhhh yes...I was there for a bit...funny enough if you read my post about the PEPC interview questions...I was there for so long I had to go to the bathroom so they took me down to drug testing so as not to waste time and ...well...you know.....I laughed!!!!

Ahhhh yes...I was there for a bit...funny enough if you read my post about the PEPC interview questions...I was there for so long I had to go to the bathroom so they took me down to drug testing so as not to waste time and ...well...you know.....I laughed!!!!

If by long enough you meant 5 minutes. A lot of us swore that was 'special' water. The minute you drank it, you had to make a pit stop. Of course it didn't help we were encouraged to drink drink drink. You would have thought it was initiation into a frat or something.

I received my FOL for SEA TRACON before my references receieved their letters about me. My quess is because I had a tent. class date of 7/28 and they expidited my conditional clearance since I went to the LA PEPC on 6/18.

My favorite part of the EQIP was when I did go down for the drug test in the middle of it they sent me back with my urine sealed in a plastic bag to carry around until I got to my physical! Was pretty fun carry around a bag of pee for a couple hours whilst wearing a suit :D

As far as FOL I was told David T would be giving them to all the LA PEPC peeps when he gets back into his office from other PEPCs (friday I believe) and the classes are given the go ahead to be filled. So essentially no exact time frame

I received my FOL for SEA TRACON before my references receieved their letters about me. My quess is because I had a tent. class date of 7/28 and they expidited my conditional clearance since I went to the LA PEPC on 6/18.

Ha ha 00Pilot...special water.....you're too much!!!

rherrick, I am guessing your facility was in dire need of people. are you there now because shouldn't you be in class, young man!!!! :p

My favorite part of the EQIP was when I did go down for the drug test in the middle of it they sent me back with my urine sealed in a plastic bag to carry around until I got to my physical! Was pretty fun carry around a bag of pee for a couple hours whilst wearing a suit :D

As far as FOL I was told David T would be giving them to all the LA PEPC peeps when he gets back into his office from other PEPCs (friday I believe) and the classes are given the go ahead to be filled. So essentially no exact time frame

Oh I hope they were telling you the truth!!!! I want mine!!!! I just got to Texas last week with my family and my mom was planning an FOL dinner with my parents and step parents and my uncle. My dad brought a cake that read Congrats on AT-SAT (90.2), PEPC, TOL, Sec/Med Clearances...it was a riot!!!!

Does anyone know if they will contact us through e-mail with the FOL or will it be mailed out or both? I have heard a rumor it comes by snail mail but I am hoping that isn't the case I want it ASAP and obviously e-mail would be the fastest way.

Does anyone know if they will contact us through e-mail with the FOL or will it be mailed out or both? I have heard a rumor it comes by snail mail but I am hoping that isn't the case I want it ASAP and obviously e-mail would be the fastest way.

"air mail"

glupi_carrier_pigeon.jpg

I have heard FedEx and email both....FedEx deffinately

even better: personal phone call
then email the next day

Oh I hope they were telling you the truth!!!! I want mine!!!! I just got to Texas last week with my family and my mom was planning an FOL dinner with my parents and step parents and my uncle. My dad brought a cake that read Congrats on AT-SAT (90.2), PEPC, TOL, Sec/Med Clearances...it was a riot!!!!

That's funny, I had a going away party a couple weeks ago and then last weekend when I was out with all my friends they thought it was funny to welcome me back :rolleyes:

Lalexf you just gave me an idea to get some free DQ frozen cake, I will need an FOL party for sure!

That's funny, I had a going away party a couple weeks ago and then last weekend when I was out with all my friends they thought it was funny to welcome me back :rolleyes:

Lalexf you just gave me an idea to get some free DQ frozen cake, I will need an FOL party for sure!

No you are funny because my dad bought an ice cream cake....are you spying on me......ha ha ha :laff:

I received my FOL via email with 11 other attached documents to fill out and return to HR.

I worked with the HR rep and had my FOL by email almost immediately while still on the phone. Yeah, I know, I like to party hard. They do it however they want, but with some interjection, you too can get your way.

Is there some easy way to figure out all your past addresses?

When you add up all the college apartments, moving around, etc.. it adds up. I could probably figure it all out by sending a bunch of emails to old friends, but can't I simply look at my credit history or get a driver's report? Does anyone have experience with this?

I worked with the HR rep and had my FOL by email almost immediately while still on the phone. Yeah, I know, I like to party hard. They do it however they want, but with some interjection, you too can get your way.

Where are you going? When are you starting OKC?

Is there some easy way to figure out all your past addresses?

When you add up all the college apartments, moving around, etc.. it adds up. I could probably figure it all out by sending a bunch of emails to old friends, but can't I simply look at my credit history or get a driver's report? Does anyone have experience with this?

Credit History!!! Then you can make sure everything looks good on your credit at the same time and kill 2 birds with one stone...as they say...

Credit History!!! Then you can make sure everything looks good on your credit at the same time and kill 2 birds with one stone...as they say...

Agreed!

For those who are not familiar, go to www.annualcreditreport.com
This is the government mandated free website to check your credit report. Some sites make you pay a dumb subscription to get a 'free credit report', but this one is actually free and works for all three bureaus.

(For some reason the link is not working at this time, but this is rare. The FTC describes the program here http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/freereports/index.html)

Back