This week's Hearings in NYC

Dude. Star Trek: The Motion Picture? You're my hero. :)
You heard it here first folks!

test4.JPG

These rumors that were previously discussed are gaining steam. The one thing I would like to discuss is the long term leave of absence that is going to be offered, There is a reason everything happens, and if the company wants 2 year leaves to be offered, then I would assume they think planes will be leaving a lot faster than they will be replaced. I could see 200's getting parked with the replacement 900's being ordered but not delivered for a year or so. Anyone else care to comment?

These rumors that were previously discussed are gaining steam. The one thing I would like to discuss is the long term leave of absence that is going to be offered, There is a reason everything happens, and if the company wants 2 year leaves to be offered, then I would assume they think planes will be leaving a lot faster than they will be replaced. I could see 200's getting parked with the replacement 900's being ordered but not delivered for a year or so. Anyone else care to comment?

Well, they did come out and say that 2 -900s were leaving in December. As usual, guys at other airlines knew about it before we did. What was that #2 Guiding "Principle" again?

The 2 -900's were known in October from the planning side. And guys wonder why ATL has more reserves than normal....? Dec is -2 900 lines as well

The 2 -900's were known in October from the planning side. And guys wonder why ATL has more reserves than normal....? Dec is -2 900 lines as well
O gee good thing Planning knew... Maybe a little Core Value #2 could help midigate peoples already frustration with management.

O gee good thing Planning knew... Maybe a little Core Value #2 could help midigate peoples already frustration with management.

I've given up on that Guiding Principle. Actually, I gave up on that one about 4 months after I was hired here. Maybe even before I was done with sims in initial new hire when we were showing up for sims that had been canceled, but no one bothered to tell the guys getting trained.

Judge Gerber said:
Judge Gerber chided Pinnacle for making its demand for $59.6 million in concessions a non-negotiable number, observing that to call such behavior a negotiation would be a “play on words”.
Hopefully Pinnacle listens.

I have this feeling we are done. Company delays reorganization till end of December. Funny how Delta is supposed to make their fleet change announcement in December. I think our fate has already been decided long ago. Delta is going to give us enough money to operate through the busy holiday schedule then shut us down throughout the slow months before the spring. I understand pinnacle operates hundreds of flights per day for Delta, but Delta is not stupid. They know how to divide up the remains. I just hope I can salvage my ATP certificate before we shut down. I hope it's quick and not a slow death like comair.

The company delayed reorganization until next month because we don't have a TA yet. Can't reorganize a company when you don't know how much your most expensive employee group is going to cost.

A lot of people are focusing too much on this fleet change announcement. Delta is not going to award any flying that day. They are simply going to tell their investors what their plan over the next couple years is. They will probably announce their drawdown schedule of the 50 seat jets they are parking. That will affect us becuase we have 140 of them. That also will create fear amongst our pilot group which is probably another goal they have. At that same conference, Delta will probably announce an order for 76 seat jet flying. They are not going to tell anyone who those jets are going too at that conference though. They already know but they will not announce it until we are out of bankruptcy because its what we are negotiating for. If they already announced it before we exited chapter 11, we would have no need to negotiate anymore.
We are probably going to shrink a little, and we may get planes parked before we replace any of them causing some temp leaves or furloughs. But I guarantee you we are not going out of business. Pinnacle (operated by mesaba management) will be in business well into the future.

A lot of people are focusing too much on this fleet change announcement. Delta is not going to award any flying that day. They are simply going to tell their investors what their plan over the next couple years is. They will probably announce their drawdown schedule of the 50 seat jets they are parking. That will affect us becuase we have 140 of them. That also will create fear amongst our pilot group which is probably another goal they have. At that same conference, Delta will probably announce an order for 76 seat jet flying. They are not going to tell anyone who those jets are going too at that conference though. They already know but they will not announce it until we are out of bankruptcy because its what we are negotiating for. If they already announced it before we exited chapter 11, we would have no need to negotiate anymore.
We are probably going to shrink a little, and we may get planes parked before we replace any of them causing some temp leaves or furloughs. But I guarantee you we are not going out of business. Pinnacle (operated by mesaba management) will be in business well into the future.
Stop using reason. This is the internet for Christ's sake.

Back