Things to do in OKC?

Craptastic

So besides training and studying...with the down time between that what are some things to do? I won't be bringing a car, i'm single and no kids or family with me. Just wondering if any one else is in the same boat as me? Im going to be there in Oct 08-Mar 09.

So besides training and studying...with the down time between that what are some things to do? I won't be bringing a car, i'm single and no kids or family with me. Just wondering if any one else is in the same boat as me? Im going to be there in Oct 08-Mar 09.

Go hang out near the trees at Lake Hefner for a while, you'll find something to do. :crazy: I kid.

If you get a cab, Bricktown is kinda fun if you bar hop with a group of people. If I end up there anytime soon, we'll have to do a few limo nights to B.T.

If you're a naturey kinda person, you MAY like Red Rock Canyon (nothing too terribly exciting but it's naturey) or the Wichita Mountains (which aren't really more than oversized rock hills) but it's kinda a cool place to go chill (there's a dam in Medicine park you can walk across and there's usually no one over there you can just go meditate). Both are about an hr or so from the airport in different directions.

There's Frontier City which is a fairly small theme park, a couple cool rides (not worth the full fare).

If you like Fried Chicken... Eishen's (sp?) in Yukon is SOOOO good. If you like breakfast... Jimmy's Egg is my favorite ever! If you like Tex Mex... Ted's Escondido is quite tasty and the Shed's Special with Green Chile Stew @ The Border Crossing in Norman is fantastic (don't go for the atmosphere).

Then of course there's Opies in Norman... ROFL!

Don't forget to catch an OU home game... you can usually find tickets at the game pretty easily but parking's a biznatch.

Nobody wants to bore themselves to death:D, unless it's OU against TX but that game is in BIG 'D.

Yeah, sometimes watching OU score touchdown, after touchdown, after touchdown with not being able to buy alcohol at the stadium get's kinda boring. ;)

544920ef.gif

Yeah...I didn't want to mention bars and seem like a alcoholic:sarcasm:...but how far is Bricktown from say...the Isola Bella? So far that looks like the best place to live full gym plus indoor pool. OKC has a NBA team now btw :nana2:

Yeah...I didn't want to mention bars and seem like a alcoholic:sarcasm:...but how far is Bricktown from say...the Isola Bella? So far that looks like the best place to live full gym plus indoor pool. OKC has a NBA team now btw :nana2:

Looks like about 20 mins. I didn't realize Isola Bella was that far up North!

Really, when did this happen?.....what is their team name and mascot?

Wednesday night, Walnut Gardens 4-7 all you can drink and free food. Doesn't get much better than that. Oh the people are cool too.

Back