Things to do in OKC?

What is the deal with Lake Hefner? What happens there?

Not much. There's some bike and walking trails. A couple nice restaurants are there too, my favorite being Red Rock Canyon Grill. It's pricey but the rotisserie chicken is delicious. Oh, and there's a light house ;)

If you're into culture, Red Earth is actually pretty cool.

BTW,,, if you're into fairs (can't stand them here) but OK State Fair is coming up in a few weeks I believe. So, if you haven't had your annual dose of trashy people, you should attend.

The Omniplex / Kirkpatrick Center is actually pretty damn fun if you like to be a kid sometimes. And, since you're there right next door is OKC Zoo... which believe it or not is one of the top 10 zoos in the US, highly recommended :rawk: (Don't forget your plastic animal thingy maboppers, if they still have those machines)

BTW,,, if you're into fairs (can't stand them here) but OK State Fair is coming up in a few weeks I believe. So, if you haven't had your annual dose of trashy people, you should attend.

Is it anything like the Texas State fair?

There are a bunch of young guys on here and nobody mentioned strip clubs? I am shocked and apalled. :sarcasm:

I thought about it myself, I know where to go in Dallas but not OKC.

There are a bunch of young guys on here and nobody mentioned strip clubs? I am shocked and apalled. :sarcasm:

Nitetrips: best looking girls (don't forget it's Oklahoma), good beer prices
Playhouse: decent girls, (again, Oklahoma) weird atmosphere
Red Dog: Had a midget stripper when I was there, that alone should be warning enough

Nobody mentioned Pole Position raceway. I 'm pretty sure it's on May ave. Indoor electric go karts, top speed something like 40mph. Pricey but really fun with a group of friends that like to compete, which if you're becoming a controller you'd better get used to.

HD

I was looking at Yelp.com at the nightlife around there....I didn't know but the beer is 3.2% watered down. Odd that Oklahoma has that kind of policy.

Back