The secret of Confucious.............WHERE ARE THE CHINESE?

That would be really cool if they came. I will be the first to welcome them, no doubt. However, perhaps we should focus on what, or which July 1st they speak of. Perhaps it could be July 1st of 2005, or for that matter 2010. Because, correct me if I'm wrong now, this is reminiscent of prior propoganda from last year. As far as Mesaba, I can maybe belive that, at least more than the prior.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as Mesaba, I can maybe belive that, at least more than the prior.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. Mesaba's chief pilot contacted Pan Am on Thursday and requested resumes because they are recalling furloughs and looking to hire some. They are one of the regionals that is linked to the Ace program. We'll see what happens. I sent my resume in and I will keep you updated.

I hope Mesaba starts hiring again, but I doubt it will be in the imeadiate future. I believe they still have guys on the street and are entering a fairly bitter contract negiotation (their present contract is 8 years old).

Normally its a pretty big leap to go from having furloughed pilots to opening up the flood gates to new hires.
cool.gif

Mesaba did ask for 20 plus Pan Am Students due to the ACE Program as Mesaba is a "partner in education" with Pan Am. They have called their pilots off of furlough and are hiring qualified Pan Am students.

As far as the Chinese arriving...it is around July 1st.
grin.gif

The staff is having to find additional housing for all the incoming students. They have been constantly on the phone securing enough for them. I heard several discussions among staff in the lobby regarding this and it appears that the housing "problem" is taken care of.

I have been following turks posts and first off
congrats

i can't post on your threads so i will post here.

it is amazing to me the difference between fpr and dvt. here for all the cfi checkrides everyone has to wait between 3 and 4 weeks just for a checkride after the stagecheck. as far as the flying goes you fly about 1-3 times per week. the cfi program takes a really long time to finish. it takes about 8 weeks to finish the school stuff then another 4-8 weeks to finish the checkride stuff.

i noticed that turk finished his commercial in like 2 weeks. at dvt the ground school itself is 3 and a half weeks long.

i don't understand why dvt takes so much longer for the same ratings. supposedly dvt is the main campus and fpr is supposed to follow our lead!

any insights people?

Thanks unsat.
It took me 6 weeks to complete CFI. I did the ground school and flights concurrently. The ground school was 4 weeks, and I did a couple role play flights and a review flight with my instructor before the checkride.
Most people here at Ft. Pierce take longer than 6 weeks, I think the average is 2 months. Some take 3 months.
As far as getting the checkride quick... that's up to the FSDO.

The Turk.

P.S. why can't you post on the other thread?

"I have information from a reliable source that the first 29 Chinese students will arrive on campus July 1."

Turk,

so did they arrive yet?

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Supposed to be here next week. We'll see...

The Turk.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had a culture class to inform students and staff of the cultural differences today. The Chinese have their airline tickets and will be arriving on campus Friday, July 18th.

Weren't you at the meeting Turk? There were so many people in attendance don't remember seeing you there.

anybody remember the italians that came over, ya know, the ones who could barely speak english. yeah, that almost got some instructors in lots of trouble.

[ QUOTE ]
The Chinese have their airline tickets and will be arriving on campus Friday, July 18th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering if the Chinese ever came in to town?
tongue.gif

Believe it or not, they actually did show up. I saw them getting a tour of the facility today.

I believe that 26 showed up in this group. Supposedly, another 15-20 will arrive in a few weeks.

I didn't speak to any of them so I can't confirm how well or poorly they speak english.

[ QUOTE ]
what airline do they represent?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can pronounce it....just don't know how to spell it. Will let you know when I get the proper spelling.

So how is everything with the Chinese doing? Did any of you find out which airline sent them yet? I found a list of a few airlines in China: China Xinjiang, Haina, Cathay Pacific, Xinhua, Air China just to name a few. Is it any of the ones I listed above? Will they be trained to just the Commercial ticket, or will they be doing the complete program?

[ QUOTE ]
So how is everything with the Chinese doing? Did any of you find out which airline sent them yet? I found a list of a few airlines in China: China Xinjiang, Haina, Cathay Pacific, Xinhua, Air China just to name a few. Is it any of the ones I listed above? Will they be trained to just the Commercial ticket, or will they be doing the complete program?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're going to Korean Airlines, they'll probably get trained to solo, then sit the right seat of a KAL jet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im not sure of the name of the airline yet. I saw it written down and it may be Xinhua or China Xinjiang, it was spelled similar to those anyway. The Chinese will train up to commercial, then they go back.

The Turk.

Back