The Pilot Shortage -Managements Fault?

Poppycock. I'm "passionate" about aviation (as far as I understand the way the adjective is being used, here). But if someone dumped $50 million dollars on my front porch tomorrow, I would not be going to work the next day.

Work would wonder what happened to me.

In your best Foster Brooks impression..

"Nope, not coming in today, tomorrow, or any day after that."

You're going to have to try a lot harder.
That's impressive. Are you sure you even remember how to operate your airplane? I question it at times. In fact I wouldn't say I am proficient anymore like I used to be when I flew 4-6 days a week. Current yes, and I can get the job done, but it doesn't feel like an extension of my body, or putting on my shoes like it used to.

Poppycock. I'm "passionate" about aviation (as far as I understand the way the adjective is being used, here). But if someone dumped $50 million on my front porch tomorrow, I would not be going to work the next day.
I'm different I guess. I enjoy line flying more than flying for fun.

It's a mission and a I enjoy figuring out how to get there and get there as efficiently as possible when everything has gone down the pooper. I suppose you could apply that to flying for fun I guess, but it still wouldn't be the same for me.

I'd keep working. I'd have ALL the cars and a nice garage though.

Poppycock. I'm "passionate" about aviation (as far as I understand the way the adjective is being used, here). But if someone dumped $50 million on my front porch tomorrow, I would not be going to work the next day.

I would. I might drop trips with a little more abandon, but I wouldn't quit my job. There's a guy at my company who makes tons of money with his side job. He doesn't need income from flying in the slightest, yet he keeps the job. Most of the people who are happiest in this profession seem to share that trait.

That's impressive. Are you sure you even remember how to operate your airplane? I question it at times. In fact I wouldn't say I am proficient anymore like I used to be when I flew 4-6 days a week. Current yes, and I can get the job done, but it doesn't feel like an extension of my body, or putting on my shoes like it used to.
Sitting at 47.2 for the year.

You people need a hobby. And possibly an education that isn't vocational in nature. You get +/- 80 years sucking down air and if you were given the opportunity to do anything you wanted to do, you'd go clock in to make money for someone else rather than, what, reading The Illiad in Greek, hiking the Appalachian Trail, Seeing Rome with a native (preferably female), climbing Everest, learning to weld, going to every museum of consequence in the world, sitting down to dinner with people from every continent, building your dream home (with your own hands), hunting with Gurkas, flying in to #($*(#$*ing SPACE?

You're weird.

You people need a hobby. And possibly an education that isn't vocational in nature. You get +/- 80 years sucking down air and if you were given the opportunity to do anything you wanted to do, you'd go clock in to make money for someone else rather than, what, reading The Illiad in Greek, hiking the Appalachian Trail, Seeing Rome with a native (preferably female), climbing Everest, learning to weld, going to every museum of consequence in the world, sitting down to dinner with people from every continent, building your dream home (with your own hands), hunting with Gurkas, flying in to #($*(#$*ing SPACE?

You're weird.

I've got plenty of hobbies. I have more hobbies than just about anyone I know.

And if I wasn't flying for a living, flying would be one of them. But flying for someone else makes it a lot more rewarding.

It gives me a mission.

*Shrug*

-Fox

You're weird.

I have hobbies, and I'd have more if I were independently wealthy. I'm just saying I'd keep the flying gig, you know, as a hobby.

You seriously can't think of anything better to do with your time, given essentially unlimited capability, than to go operate an appliance that belongs to someone else for their benefit?

What would Aldous Huxley say? Well, I mean, I guess Pilots are Betas.

You're weird.
Flying kind of does define my life. I do it for fun and work, though not much. But if I were wealthy, I'd be doing all those things. And then some. You people make me sad. Where's the personal development? There are so many things to do and flying can be one of them, but there are a lot of things that are at least as cool and make you one heck of a more interesting and worth while mostly hairless ape. I mean we can probably teach a hairy ape to replace you, why not be more?

I'm different I guess. I enjoy line flying more than flying for fun.

It's a mission and a I enjoy figuring out how to get there and get there as efficiently as possible when everything has gone down the pooper. I suppose you could apply that to flying for fun I guess, but it still wouldn't be the same for me.

I'd keep working. I'd have ALL the cars and a nice garage though.
I bet that's because you've never flown an all weather airplane for fun. You can still have a mission in fun flying, hell it's actually harder in a small POS.

Back