The Official PUBNAT2 GENDER poll...:)

LeftyLasVegas

PUBNAT2ers....Just for fun!

Since we're all busy waiting... And I was curious...

Please chose- man, woman, or other.

AddEmoticons0414.jpg

(anyone else getting a bit stir-crazy?)

It is 12:1 now, with one other, OMG le gasp, is someone confused, toying with us, or did nature play a cruel trick on shim?

yeah another male dominating career move....I feel ya, it is back to my Florida Tech days... :( Props to all the females out there... :)

Thanks!

Serously though- props to the ladies. I think it's awesome and wish there were more. Is there a lack of interest or something else? Maybe another issue for another post/day?

i think it is just lack of knowledge or "exposure" i guess...because every woman i've talked to about this job has said "whats that??" and every guy i talked to has said "thats an awesome job!"..not too many articles in vogue magazine about ATC's

i think it is just lack of knowledge or "exposure" i guess...because every woman i've talked to about this job has said "whats that??" and every guy i talked to has said "thats an awesome job!"..not too many articles in vogue magazine about ATC's

I told some males this weekend that I had an interview for Air Traffic Control and they were all like "LOL UR GONNA BE WAVING THE PLANES INTO THE GATE" :crazy::banghead: One was ex-Air Force, you'd think he'd know what an Air Traffic controller was??

I don't have many female friends, but the ones I am friends with know what ATC-ers do (and they all think I am stupid for wanting to take the job!)

I told some males this weekend that I had an interview for Air Traffic Control and they were all like "LOL UR GONNA BE WAVING THE PLANES INTO THE GATE"
yeah i got the same thing!! are you gonna be one of the guys with the pylons..?? oh geez..

You will get that a lot so, start coming up with some really good sarcastic remarks about how you stand on the end of the runway with the batons and tell the planes which one to land on. :cwm27:

Now, when I was in the military, I'd say that out of about 30 controllers, there were maybe 10 females. I figured there weren't that many females in ATC because there aren't that many in the military anyway (compared to males). We were pretty respected for the most part though and it really didn't feel awkward to work with so many men.

Back