The Official PUBNAT2 GENDER poll...:)

No, but if you are going to correct someone then you need to be correct yourself.

ATC in the tower:
Local control- controls runways and airspace around the airport
Ground control- controls the taxiways

Unrelated to ATC:
ramp service -parks planes.

No, but if you are going to correct someone then you need to be correct yourself.

ATC in the tower:
Local control- controls runways and airspace around the airport
Ground control- controls the taxiways

Unrelated to ATC:
ramp service -parks planes.

I don't even bother correcting people because they don't listen to me anyway, I'm just a dumb girl!! ;) They all just talk over me and then pass off my ideas as their own.

Why do you think I'm so anxious to start a different career??

I don't even bother correcting people because they don't listen to me anyway, I'm just a dumb girl!! ;) They all just talk over me and then pass off my ideas as their own.

Why do you think I'm so anxious to start a different career??

What'd she say? :buck:

You guys/gals are fun this morning...

What I wonder about is how many of those female controllers are single, and of the single ones how many are attractive? As a pilot sometimes you hear one on the radio who sure sounds nice. Phoenix approach had one that sure sounded cute! :)

Thanks!

Serously though- props to the ladies. I think it's awesome and wish there were more. Is there a lack of interest or something else? Maybe another issue for another post/day?

Lack of balls is more like it. There were only two other women total at my test -- one jumped and GASPED loudly at every plane she crashed (I actually saw her close her eyes - she was facing opposite my table...), and the other greeted me with an obnoxious, "HAAAY, are those your good luck boots? *chortle*" as she chomped on her gum like it was going out of style.
No, Cupcake, I normally wear combat boots with a density greater than the gray matter in your brain. Of course, I was pleasant.

Anyone else feel their fellow test-mates were dullards? I expected to be surrounded with intimidating engineering/etc. grads, and the "best and brightest"...only one of the whole bunch had even heard of the green book.

What I wonder about is how many of those female controllers are single, and of the single ones how many are attractive? As a pilot sometimes you hear one on the radio who sure sounds nice. Phoenix approach had one that sure sounded cute! :)

God, now I need to worry about being a vocal splooge-magnet.

Just when I thought that I was safe.

Hey ammolite give me a break, all I said is she sounded cute! not everything has to refer directly to sex etc. I am always nothing but the most professional gentleman.:eek:

Lack of balls is more like it. There were only two other women total at my test -- one jumped and GASPED loudly at every plane she crashed (I actually saw her close her eyes - she was facing opposite my table...), and the other greeted me with an obnoxious, "HAAAY, are those your good luck boots? *chortle*" as she chomped on her gum like it was going out of style.
No, Cupcake, I normally wear combat boots with a density greater than the gray matter in your brain. Of course, I was pleasant.

Anyone else feel their fellow test-mates were dullards? I expected to be surrounded with intimidating engineering/etc. grads, and the "best and brightest"...only one of the whole bunch had even heard of the green book.

:yup::yup::yup:

There were a few more girls than i expected (we had maybe 7-8 girls out of 25-30 people)... I didn't talk to any of them because I tend to not tolerate other girls very well... Ammolite's post provides the perfect example as to why that is :rolleyes:

Some of the guys were completely clueless and I'm surprised they even knew why they were there. Others were standing there trying to sound like they were God's gift to ATC because "well, my father was a controller for 22 years, so I know exactly what we're all getting into" but then when we were taking the recommended breaks, I'd hear "crap this is really hard... I wish there was some class you could take to study for this thing like the SAT" ...Seriously.

Hell hath no fury like my sorry a## working with a bunch of women.

There were a few more girls than i expected (we had maybe 7-8 girls out of 25-30 people)... I didn't talk to any of them because I tend to not tolerate other girls very well... Ammolite's post provides the perfect example as to why that is :rolleyes:

Some of the guys were completely clueless and I'm surprised they even knew why they were there. Others were standing there trying to sound like they were God's gift to ATC because "well, my father was a controller for 22 years, so I know exactly what we're all getting into" but then when we were taking the recommended breaks, I'd hear "crap this is really hard... I wish there was some class you could take to study for this thing like the SAT" ...Seriously.

I don't tolerate other girls very well either!

Also at my ATSAT most of the guys looked like hung over frat boys or just plain hung over. :crazy: I was the first one out of there and I didn't really talk to anyone.

HAHAHA @ "God's gift to ATC". :laff:

Can you believe that only myself and one other girl (Ms. Grand Mal) actually took breaks at all? Everyone thought they were just precious for chugging away at it without any, but I took my damn time, took three breaks, and ate fries and spoke to the FAA HR guy on them. I still finished maybe third? I felt so good when he shook my hand afterwards and wished me the best of luck.

HAHAHA @ "God's gift to ATC". :laff:

Can you believe that only myself and one other girl (Ms. Grand Mal) actually took breaks at all? Everyone thought they were just precious for chugging away at it without any, but I took my damn time, took three breaks, and ate fries and spoke to the FAA HR guy on them. I still finished maybe third? I felt so good when he shook my hand afterwards and wished me the best of luck.

I must have been so excited to schedule the exam, I missed the part about arriving comfortably. I arrived in my best shirt/tie and all ready. When I showed up, I saw I was over-dressed and seemed to be the only nervous one.

At break, some stayed and worked straight through as well, but most took their lunch. I drove 15 minutes to Chipotle, ate something spicy to take my mind off the exam, and returned.

I too had some son-of-a-Pilot telling me how his daddy did this or that for years and another who's brother was a senior controller...both commented they thought they failed (as did I, at the end).

Very diverse crowd...in here and at the exam.

I don't tolerate other girls very well either!

Also at my ATSAT most of the guys looked like hung over frat boys or just plain hung over. :crazy: I was the first one out of there and I didn't really talk to anyone.

I could've cut the nervousness with a knife beforehand.

Some part of me feels like recording and posting a satirical ATC audio clip.

Ground control is part of ATC. :crazy:

The guys with the batons are called "ramp service". FYI.

Really? One of my CTI teachers told us today they called 'em "Wing Walkers" PUAAAHHHHA HA HA Sounded like something out of Star Wars.

On another note, down at Miami Dade College they have these groups of Chinese ATCers from Pudong Tower/Shanghai Airport comin' in to learn more advanced runway procedures. They were telling me they work 600 planes a day on 3 parallel runways (or was it just 3 runways period...) They are trying to get ready for the day when the load doubles and triples. And yes, out of 12 or so controllers and one "Laoban" (Spvr) there was only one chic. They'll be in town till next week, I'm gonna try to grill them on questions about the ATC industry in China when I see them next Tuesday. Should be COOOL

Back