The Next Threat to the Industry

I hope they're NEO's at least because you're going to piss out a lot of gas in the low 30's until you're light enough to climb to optimum oceanic altitudes.

I think with the NEO's, you're gonna be pissing out even more fuel. They're supposedly adding TWO extra fuel tanks to the 321 NEO in order to give it the range of a 752. Instead of adding a new wing. That thing I'm told is already a pig to fly, I guess the 321 NEO will be a cow.

The fleet manager was talking about how they tried to get an extra jet blue sim during my recurrent. It's all rumours, who knows. But why wouldn't they try to get more with how much less they pay than delta group I (regardless of a yes or no vote)? How many does a 195 hold? A 319?
the pay disparity between e190 and airbus has always been there, and yet the fleet remains at 20. No one in North America operates the e195, there's are reason for that.

What's the junior airbus captain's seniority? Third list guy?

I think with the NEO's, you're gonna be pissing out even more fuel. They're supposedly adding TWO extra fuel tanks to the 321 NEO in order to give it the range of a 752. Instead of adding a new wing. That thing I'm told is already a pig to fly, I guess the 321 NEO will be a cow.
it flies the best out of all thr 320 series, but the performance isn't great in the climb.

What's the junior airbus captain's seniority? Third list guy?
Not yet. Probably an '89 hire still on the east. No idea out west. May see a 3rd lister in left seat sometime this year,we'll see. E190 captain is going to one year or less.

it flies the best out of all thr 320 series, but the performance isn't great in the climb.

I hate all day on the 321, but it's actually my favorite of the 320 series. Having said that, as I've said before, they should just put a new wing on the plane and scrap the idea of two extra auxiliary fuel tanks. But who am I, right, RIGHT!?

Yes, let me tell you all about what the 1500 hour rule has actually done to the industry. (Hint: it's not what you would have expected. Indeed, it's far from it.)

A forum where a great, smart, logical, and rational guy like SteveC is the "bad guy" is a forum that's going down hill.

Okay, that's over-blowing it a bit, it's just two... Not the whole forum.

Back