The new Riddle bashing thread

DE727UPS

It's been a while. Thought this would be fun. I'm on a facebook page called Raising Aviation Teens. They got like 17K members. I call it the soccer mom's of flying page. It's really a great page, though. Mostly newbie mom's who's kid wants to be a pilot and I opine once in a while and try to answer any questions they have. Give career advice. Ect. I bash Riddle pretty regular on there, which is great fun. But this takes the cake. Thoughts?
459202107_10228674961322814_1219260519332562344_n.jpg

I honestly don't even know what I'm looking at? Is that a tiny diploma in a box? A gender reveal party? A little of both? I don't understand

I have a Riddle bashing story:

I graduated from Embry Riddle, class of 2011. Through a combination of satellite and online campuses, I accomplished this feat.

I utilized my GI Bill for most of my tuition; I paid out of pocket for some of it. There was a hiccup with my GI Bill one term; Riddle came after me like a mobster going after someone who owes them money up to and including threatening to expel me from the school. I was working as a skydive pilot, barely making ends meet. I told them as soon as I get the GI Bill payment, you'll receive the tuition. I eventually received my GI Bill payment, I settled my account and things moved on.

FFWD to a few years later, Riddle is soliciting "donations" to help students who are in need. I told the person who called me that story, "Where was this funding when I was a student in need?" I would have taken it as a loan and paid it back if that was an option, but, at the time they gave me no such option. I was rather unsettled. I said, "Sorry I already donated my charity money to the VFW...please take me off your list."

They make a lot of money at that school, and asking for donations for students in need, and not giving money to students in need when there was an actual need really irked me. I recently received a mailer that I should attend Embry Riddle for a graduate program...

I have a Riddle bashing story:

I graduated from Embry Riddle, class of 2011. Through a combination of satellite and online campuses, I accomplished this feat.

I utilized my GI Bill for most of my tuition; I paid out of pocket for some of it. There was a hiccup with my GI Bill one term; Riddle came after me like a mobster going after someone who owes them money up to and including threatening to expel me from the school. I was working as a skydive pilot, barely making ends meet. I told them as soon as I get the GI Bill payment, you'll receive the tuition. I eventually received my GI Bill payment, I settled my account and things moved on.

FFWD to a few years later, Riddle is soliciting "donations" to help students who are in need. I told the person who called me that story, "Where was this funding when I was a student in need?" I would have taken it as a loan and paid it back if that was an option, but, at the time they gave me no such option. I was rather unsettled. I said, "Sorry I already donated my charity money to the VFW...please take me off your list."

They make a lot of money at that school, and asking for donations for students in need, and not giving money to students in need when there was an actual need really irked me. I recently received a mailer that I should attend Embry Riddle for a graduate program...
John Mulaney has a great bit about this on one his Netflix specials , about schools asking for money after graduation….highly recommend 5/5 stars

I'll look into that.

I went to the Prescott campus for graduation, and as we stood there waiting for our "diplomas" a guy cracked the joke, "That's your final bill."
I attended Prescott campus for a year and finished in the international campus program. I was in WA at the time and didn't want to drive down. Had them put it in the mail.

Back