The Mega Outage

It was caused by a 3rd party cyber security firm (CrowdStrike) who forgot to properly test their patches before deploying an update to a Microsoft system. That is one expensive screw up. LAS is ground-stopped also but it seems SWA might be the only airline moving since they don't use that software. Lesson learned.

Believe we are up and running as well. B6

Bad day to have a heart attack. EPIC electronic health records are down as well.
There are a lot of people - especially integrators - who don’t see EPIC having problems as a bad thing.

I do hope it’s not affecting anyone emergent.

Once AI patch management use can be written into cyber regulations, it will be over for companies like CrowdStrike.
Was it as simple as an untested patch?

I’ve seen catastrophes happen when something made it to Production and it turned out that QA wasn’t given the right testing parameters but that was in an adjacent field, so I’m not sure about how this works on the infosec side.

Was it as simple as an untested patch?

I’ve seen catastrophes happen when something made it to Production and it turned out that QA wasn’t given the right testing parameters but that was in an adjacent field, so I’m not sure about how this works on the infosec side.
Yes, it looks to be an unchecked patch and QA failure. Crazy how something that should be ordinarily simple gets overlooked. I bet it was an MFA update of some type.

Back