The "Fix It" letter

Come on now Derg. I really have to laugh at that. If you have a gap just adjust the damn dates so there aren't gaps, not rocket science. I wouldn't remotely consider putting "two weeks living on the couch at so and so's house" on the SF-86 for a security clearance so I sure as hell wouldn't put it on a job application. Then again, I'm not applying so I guess YMMV...

Usually its much larger gaps. Don't shoot the messenger, esé!

Slight tangent, but while we're on the topic of making yourself marketable. Always amazes me that those who constantly complain and exhibit bad attitude wonder why they can't get hired. Then go on to complain about the 'minorities' taking their jerbs - on social media no less. Don't be that guy.
Or the people who mock the airline they want to get hired at and don't even realize it.

468308160802d826ca5bbd6ad941e485.jpg

Or the people who mock the airline they want to get hired at and don't even realize it.

There is a guy at XOJET who constantly complains he hasn't been hired at a major. Then goes on to disparage all the female pilots who were quickly snapped up from the same employer.

Pretty sure it's you dude, not the liberals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you could ask your friend if an applicant would ever know when his or her app was scored? I wonder if Plato could add that function to Airline Apps?

There is a guy at XOJET who constantly complains he hasn't been hired at a major. Then goes on to disparage all the female pilots who were quickly snapped up from the same employer.

But the librulz! the librulz!

Mr. "#lightchop"? Yeah, not exactly a job seekers best move which is why I always say "Interns don't run thr Facebook page"

Mr. "#lightchop"? Yeah, not exactly a job seekers best move which is why I always say "Interns don't run thr Facebook page"
I'm drinking beer with the (actual) Mr. Light Chop later tonight.

Who pointedly reminds everyone that there isn't really such a thing as light chop and such things are better described through EDR statistics.

(but still has the shirt)

To the people who truly believe that crap, I challenge you to go to any busy airport and look around. If the handful of minorities and ladies you see are the reason you're not hired, your resume must be pretty terrible.

To the people who truly believe that crap, I challenge you to go to any busy airport and look around. If the handful of minorities and ladies you see are the reason you're not hired, your resume must be pretty terrible.

My friend was accosted by a pilot who went on and on about this and how his friend wasn't able to get a bite. He said asked for a copy of his application to have a peek and HOLY CRAP, there were enough skeletons in his buddies closet that it'd make the makers of General Qin's "Terra Cotta Army" go "dddddaaaaaaaaaamn, boyeeeeeeeeee"

But of course, you know, minorities and females.

My friend was accosted by a pilot who went on and on about this and how his friend wasn't able to get a bite. He said asked for a copy of his application to have a peek and HOLY CRAP, there were enough skeletons in his buddies closet that it'd make the makers of General Qin's "Terra Cotta Army" go "dddddaaaaaaaaaamn, boyeeeeeeeeee"

It's all YOUR FAULT

Those were simply alternative events.

Back