The FACILITY SWAP thread

GnW

Let me start off with the fact that no, swapping facilities does not always work and this is in no way an attempt to circumvent the wonderful jobs that HR do in getting you into a facility that best suits you with the information they have. The reality, though, is that sometimes one person's trash is another person's treasure; and if an ATC candidate gets a facility he is thoroughly displeased with and finds someone who is equally displeased with their own facility, sometimes arrangements can be made.

For most, the facility you end up with will be "OK" and satisfy your needs pretty well--you can always transfer later, after all. For others, though, I thought a central discussion for swapping facilities might be beneficial. :)

I guess I'll start things off. I got YIP (Willow Run, Belleville, MI). If anyone else got a terminal position in MI, I would be willing to trade. I want RADAR :drool:

Actually, if you want YIP and youre in a radar facility anywhere... let me know.

why not just decline?

if you simply decline, you will have to re-apply. most people stop applying for announcements as soon as they hear they are going to be on a hiring panel. if that is the case, the wait can be several more months. if two people have facilities they want to swap and HR approves it, nobody misses a beat. ;)

For example, if you applied for PUBNAT 1, you likely applied for PUBNAT 2 before you heard you were going to be on a panel. We're on PUBNAT5 (?) now? If you decline you might be in PUBNAT6... if there even is one. Can you say 2010 academy date?

Sounds like some new show like Wife Swap or something.

th7642a160.gif

Update I asked my HR rep for a change to ZBW and she forwarded my request to Air Traffic and I am waiting for a response. Wish me luck!

Update I asked my HR rep for a change to ZBW and she forwarded my request to Air Traffic and I am waiting for a response. Wish me luck!

Lucky you. My HR rep REFUSES to forward my request to ATO because "they'll just say no"

Sooo..... I'll trade ZAN (anc center) for

specifically BOI but anywhere in:
ID, CO, AZ
and..
IND
PNS

i wont hold my breath

On the ASAP application, it specifically says that the depending on the level of facility you are assigned, you will get a background/credit check of differing magnitude.

To put it another way, they're going to spend a lot more time looking at someone going to a Level 12 than someone going to a Level 8. So unless two people have the same level facility, it would be a major roadblock to people trying to swap.

Sorry to pour cold water on this thread, but I just don't see them looking the other way on this issue.

On the ASAP application, it specifically says that the depending on the level of facility you are assigned, you will get a background/credit check of differing magnitude.

To put it another way, they're going to spend a lot more time looking at someone going to a Level 12 than someone going to a Level 8. So unless two people have the same level facility, it would be a major roadblock to people trying to swap.

Sorry to pour cold water on this thread, but I just don't see them looking the other way on this issue.

um, like it says in the first post... it doesnt always work. but it's been done plenty of times. nice try though. :crazy:

I can't get my HR rep, a certain BR, to even discuss sending a request to Air Traffic. I'm willing to change my location to any critically manned facility in the southeast and she refuses to even listen. So what do you do when your HR is God and you haven't any other avenue to go?

I'm not sure what to do but my request has been APPROVED!!! :nana2::nana2::nana2:, and I will be going to ZBW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rawk: Very Nice!

Back