The FACILITY SWAP thread

i dont want to sound like a dick, but why the #### didn't you just put florida down :confused:

Didn't need to at the time! You know a lot can happen in a year and a half. I applied June of 07. Things change.

Anybody get a fcaility in AZ that they don't want. I am going to ZID (Indianapolis Center) and my wife would like to stay in AZ if possible. Please PM me if you are interested. I have a class date that starts really soon too so that might entice you, haha. Thanks.

hey ATC2B just an FYI....if you are at a center then you can't switch to be in a tower position...and vice versa...already tried :( sorry

I have heard that but I was hoping for maybe a miracle or something...haha...step one is finding someone who got a facility in AZ though. If I can accomplish that maybe I can come up with a decent reason for a swap and get them to make an exception?? Thank you for the post though and for trying to help. Where did you try to swap to and from?

I have tried just in the last two weeks. The first was with the Cleveland center, but that was turned down because I was assigned to a tower which was in California...and I live in KY. Then I tried for CLT but was again turned down bc they said I applied for the state announcement so I must stay inside the state.

Bluegrass, when you tried to switch facilities, did you have someone to switch with? Because I have a spot for Cleveland Center, and will gladly take your California location. Maybe if you told your HR contact you had someone to replace your spot, then that would be a little bit better since neither facility is out of a person.

Bluegrass, when you tried to switch facilities, did you have someone to switch with? Because I have a spot for Cleveland Center, and will gladly take your California location. Maybe if you told your HR contact you had someone to replace your spot, then that would be a little bit better since neither facility is out of a person.

She tried to switch with me. I gave her my HR contact info, and she set it all up with hers.

I think the in-state app trumped it though.

yea hence the word "swap" lol...i had someone for each time...i'm not going to lie this whole thing is bogus. It isn't any biggie to switch two ppl who really want to but "they" must make things difficult.

yea hence the word "swap" lol...i had someone for each time...i'm not going to lie this whole thing is bogus. It isn't any biggie to switch two ppl who really want to but "they" must make things difficult.

Hun, they don't call it Gov't red tape for nothing. Hopefully, you will get picked up on one of the PUBNATs that you applied for. And that offer is still good if you ever find yourself in California.

P.S. I don't blame you for turning down Fresno, I just happen to have a lot of friends in that area, only reason I wouldn't say no. But it would be like them offering me Alaska.... umm no I don't want to live there.

I know this is a bit off topic but it seems like there is a bit higher demand in CA. I'm pushing the age limit and just passed AT-SAT Well Qualified this week. I'm realistically considering AR, OK, TN, or MI... but would probably go to egypt if there was a FAA tower there just to get my foot in the door. Any input would be appreciated.

California is in High demand because of all the GA traffic we have out here. I read somewhere, and this may just be proper propaganda but CA has something like 25-30% of the nations GA traffic. But to better your chances, I'd make sure I put in for both terminal and enroute.

I know this is a bit off topic but it seems like there is a bit higher demand in CA. I'm pushing the age limit and just passed AT-SAT Well Qualified this week. I'm realistically considering AR, OK, TN, or MI... but would probably go to egypt if there was a FAA tower there just to get my foot in the door. Any input would be appreciated.

If you don't mind me asking when is your B-day? A lot of us were pushing the age thing and we got hired. I don't remember the thread but there was one going where we all talked about it. My referal went through the week before by B-day in April. I turned 31 on Apr 15. I just started the Academy thursday so it is possible but it is still a waiting game and a crap shoot when you are pushing the limit. Charlee turned 31 on Mar 15 and she is still waiting for an FOL but she did get her TOL. Once you get your TOL you age is frozen but I did not breath a sigh of relief until I was sworn in.....that was a very exciting, proud and relieving moment!!!

It is also funny to know I am the oldest person in the class besides the instructors, considering all my friends are older than me and I am usually the youngest in the group....It's way cool!!!

I have ZAU but I think I would like Tracon. Feel free to share some ideas with me. In Chicago of course....

Hello everyone. I am looking for someone that is interested in swapping (ZLA) for a (LAX) tower position. To my best understanding (ZLA) level 12 and (LAX) level 11, so it would be a pay increase. I have lived in LA all my life (actually about 3 miles form LAX). I hope that there is someone out there that would be interested?

Hello everyone. I am looking for someone that is interested in swapping (ZLA) for a (LAX) tower position. To my best understanding (ZLA) level 12 and (LAX) level 11, so it would be a pay increase. I have lived in LA all my life (actually about 3 miles form LAX). I hope that there is someone out there that would be interested?

I swear I just saw this. :confused:

Back