The Christmas Meltdown

The whole state of Florida is a mess. It’s a blend of irregular operations mixed in with understaffing, indifference and standard Floridian anti-outsider entitlement.

It’s like I never left! :)

”Bro, I walked into Miami Subs, there were tourists. I flipped them off, spat on the floor and walked the F out” :)

The whole state of Florida is a mess. It’s a blend of irregular operations mixed in with understaffing, indifference and standard Floridian anti-outsider entitlement.

It’s like I never left! :)

”Bro, I walked into Miami Subs, there were tourists. I flipped them off, spat on the floor and walked the F out” :)
Got off the State Bird of Florida just in time, hope I never see MCO again.

The worst part is that staffing is so tight that the operation can't recover before the next "thing" that inevitably happens. I'm still pretty new at this so I am sort of naive, but I don't see how it isn't going to get worse. ATL has had two thunderstorms in the past 2 weeks and on top of FL WX/ATC it was really, really bad. What's going to happen when thunderstorms are daily in ATL and FL/TX? I'm just glad that once I hit reserve guarantee I can disappear for the last 6 or 7 days of the month.

The worst part is that staffing is so tight that the operation can't recover before the next "thing" that inevitably happens. I'm still pretty new at this so I am sort of naive, but I don't see how it isn't going to get worse. ATL has had two thunderstorms in the past 2 weeks and on top of FL WX/ATC it was really, really bad. What's going to happen when thunderstorms are daily in ATL and FL/TX? I'm just glad that once I hit reserve guarantee I can disappear for the last 6 or 7 days of the month.

It's everywhere. You can't buy a seat going pretty much anywhere at this point, and there aren't any crews to fly the planes anyway.

Southernjets crew scheduling currently disregarding all contractual steps of trip coverage and covering all next day flying via inverse assignments tonight.

Well staffed for summer!

Holy •. Turn your phone off.

I do a fair amount of grievance work and it AMAZES me the number of people that answer their phone on a day off (when they don't actually want to work). I guarantee that crew scheduling is not calling to tell you that you just won the lottery, and even if they are doing something good to your schedule, they will leave a message about it and you can call them back.

On a RAP/LC... answer your phone. Want to • (rhythms with door) yourself out? Answer your phone (at your own risk). Don't want to fly? Don't answer your phone.

I do a fair amount of grievance work and it AMAZES me the number of people that answer their phone on a day off (when they don't actually want to work). I guarantee that crew scheduling is not calling to tell you that you just won the lottery, and even if they are doing something good to your schedule, they will leave a message about it and you can call them back.

On a RAP/LC... answer your phone. Want to • (rhythms with door) yourself out? Answer your phone (at your own risk). Don't want to fly? Don't answer your phone.

So what if you answer? The contract should give you the ability to just say no thanks. What, Delta doesn’t have that?

Back