The Christmas Meltdown

I picked up premium at basically double time to help my airline stay out of the headlines. What? Yeah you're right, it's for the money. Will y'all in the headlines start getting it together so I can get home Monday, though?
That awkward feeling when jumpseating on an OAL in uniform and (stuff) and (open pilot crew positions) and you’re all “where in the blue hell is my polo”

That awkward feeling when jumpseating on an OAL in uniform and (stuff) and (open pilot crew positions) and you’re all “where in the blue hell is my polo”

WL3mvd3.gif

I might be 97% in base seniority but I just snagged Christmas off from greenslips this month and snagged my 4th of the month for tomorrow. Will be crying for the operation tomorrow on the beach. I guess if they don't want to staff the west coast they can just keep paying us boat loads of money to cover trips.

Who would have guessed alaskan?
Snow’s a no go!

Glad I’ve been off since the beginning of November.

Who would have guessed alaskan?
Snow’s a no go!

I got stuck at an outstation for an extra day. Not a big deal. It did seem apocalyptic at the airport when we got back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This past weekend has me wondering if we should start a summer meltdown thread? Or have meltdowns just become normal ops these days?

What happened? I flew DEN-SFO-NRT this weekend on United, all was on time.

Staffing is so bad that they can’t operate. Back in March there were 60 guys bidding on 59 open flying lines. So one guy was available for reserve. Obviously there is some back fill from new hires finishing up IOE but the results speak for themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back