The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

My brother is an avid gunman, but all you have to do is stand still until he has to re-load.

Sent from my free Obama Phone

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -B. Franklin

Restricting access for those with mental health issues? sure. Putting in place strict, secure storage requirements for those with both firearms and persons with mental health problems in the same home? sure. I would not oppose such measures if they're well thought out. Hypothetically, these types of measures could've prevented both the Aurora and Newtown crimes. However, let's not punish everyone because half a dozen people in a country of 320,000,000 don't have the mental integrity to handle our freedoms.

What is a "gunman", anyway?

He owns a crapload of gun, worked in a gun store, knows more trivia about guns than he knows parts of girls and loves to shoot... Often.

Is there a PC descriptor I'm supposed to use? :)

No, not a complaint, just riffing on the term. I've always found it weird.

When someone goes on a killing spree with a knife they're called a "murderer", but when it happens with a firearms they're a "gunman". :smoke:

All I've seen Michael murder were those tamales I brought home from Farmersville last month.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159422/s...link&utm_term=All Gallup Headlines - Politics

Interesting new Gallup poll out tonight:

Americans are most likely to say that an increased police presence at schools, increased government spending on mental health screening and treatment, and decreased depiction of gun violence in entertainment venues would be effective in preventing mass shootings at schools.

The biggest differences between Democrats and Republicans are on the banning of assault weapons -- 61% of Democrats rate it as very effective vs. 26% of Republicans -- and spending more on mental health actions -- 67% of Democrats say it would be very effective vs. 35% of Republicans.

Democrats are less positive than Republicans about the effectiveness of arming school officials and decreasing the depiction of gun violence in the media and in video games.

Almost gives me faith in the American people. Even after this tragedy, and even after the media is doing everything in their power to convince everyone that new gun control is a given, the people still refuse to yield on their 2nd Amendment rights. Not even close to a majority. I hope the House and Senate Republicans and moderate Democrats are reading this.

Almost gives me faith in the American people. Even after this tragedy, and even after the media is doing everything in their power to convince everyone that new gun control is a given, the people still refuse to yield on their 2nd Amendment rights. Not even close to a majority. I hope the House and Senate Republicans and moderate Democrats are reading this.

I dont think either side has actually read anything in years... After all you have to pass it first then read it...lol!

The NRA VP is giving a press conference right now.
At first I thought they brought a weirdo out to speak, but this has really been one of the best speeches I've heard in a while, even if I don't agree with all of it (i.e. armed guards in all schools..by January no less :rolleyes:, My school had 300-500 kids K-12, there's no money for that nonsense)

I really liked the two protesters that popped up in the crowd. I think the protesters are wrong but I dig awkward live moments. :biggrin:

No, not a complaint, just riffing on the term. I've always found it weird.

When someone goes on a killing spree with a knife they're called a "murderer", but when it happens with a firearms they're a "gunman". :smoke:
I believe in England they're called "stabbists". Oh, England.

What the hell is a "prog?" Isn't prog a kind of music?

...and one that completely kicks ass, as a matter of fact.

l.jpg

Actually a pretty good speech by the NRA, although I wish they would have also had a part where they also debunked the effectiveness of the current proposed new firearms laws.

I agree with their supposition about gun-free zones, and think that putting an armed security presence at public schools, on face value, isn't such a bad idea. IMHO, it isn't really the whole solution in and of itself.

But since when did the word "gun" automatically become a bad word? A gun in the hands of a Secret Service agent protecting the President
isn't a bad word. A gun in the hands of a soldier protecting the United States isn't a bad word. And when you hear the glass breaking in your living room at 3 a.m. and call 911, you won't be able to pray hard enough for a gun in the hands of a good guy to get there fast enough to protect you.

So why is the idea of a gun good when it's used to protect our President or our country or our police, but bad when it's used to protect our children in their schools?

Back