The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

@Seggy Sitting in your moms basement all alone again?

Nope. Are you?

Don't you have anything better to do than start these stupid threads?

If this is a stupid thread, why are you responding to it?

Lets say you're right.....and O'bummer does issue a executive order to close the so called "Gun show loophole" (which doesn't really exist) but I'll humor you cause I feel sorry for you sitting all alone in your moms basement while the rest of the world is out partying and bring in the new year.

Is this supposed to be a personal attack?

Not a single one of the so called mass murder shootings in the last 10 or 20 years has been with a gun that wasn't acquired legally or that a law would have prevented in any way.

San Bernardo - Legally purchased gun with a background check
Colorado Springs - Legally purchased gun with a background check
Roseburg Or - Legally purchased gun with a background check
Chattanooga Tenn - Legally purchased gun with a background check
Charleston SC - Legally purchased gun with a background check
Isla Vista CA - Legally purchased gun with a background check

So how are those background checks working for you.......

You have factually inaccurate information here and are telling lies to try to improve your point.....

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html?_r=0

A law isn't going to stop someone who wants to harm someone else anymore than a "Gun Free Zone" stops someone from carrying. Hell I carry into those places all the time just out of spite.

So you knowingly break the law???

You're also not going to get rid of all the guns in America any time soon. So O'bummer can piss in the wind for all I care, he isn't going to make a dent in gun ownership. Hell he's the best gun salesman of all time. I bet we see a huge spike in gun sales over the next few weeks.

Oh wait a minute........

GPdgNQa.jpg

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/12/dean-weingarten/2015-guns-numbers/

Total private guns in the United States, 390 million

Murder rate in the U.S. 2015 4.5 per 100,000 FBI
Murder rate in the U.S. 1993 9.5 per 100,000 FBI
Murder rate in Brazil (latest) 25.2 per 100,000 Wikipedia
Murder rate in Mexico 2012 21.5 per 100,000 Wikipedia

Number of people with Concealed Carry permits in the United States: 12.8 million CrimeResearch.org study

Number of States where no permit is required to carry concealed or openly: 10
CrimeResearch.org study

Number of states who issue carry permits – 49

Number of states where open carry of firearms is legal: 44 in 2015, 45 with the addition of Texas on 1 January, 2016. Opencarry.org map

Number of NICS background checks in 2015 22.6 million (pdf) FBI

Number of police killed with their own guns in 2014 – 1 FBI

Number of times guns used to stop crime or for defense: 1.5 million CDC(pdf)

Suicide rate in the United States 12.1 per 100,000 suicide.org
Suicide rate in France 12.3 per 100,000
Suicide rate in Japan 18.5 per 100,000
Suicide rate in South Korea 28.9 per 100,000

U.S. Fatal Firearm Accident rate in 2015 .2 per 100,000 Gun Watch
U.S. Fatal Firearm Accident rate in 1932 2.5 per 100,000

Michael Bloomberg Dollars devoted to restricting the Second Amendment, 50 million: Forbes

Percent who believe concealed carry of guns makes people safer: 53% Gallup

Percent who think concealed carry makes people less safe: 41% Gallup

Number of guns stolen or lost per year: 200,000 governing.com

Murders committed with handguns: 6,115 FBI UCR

Murders committed with shotguns: 366
Murders committed with rifles : 367
Murders committed with (hands,fists,feet,etc.) 769
Murders committed with blunt objects: 549

©2015 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.

Gun Sales–Especially AR-15s–Skyrocket Amid Democrat Gun Control Push

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...15s-skyrocket-amid-democrat-gun-control-push/

Black Friday guns sales break all previous records (Thanks, Obama!)
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/12/...ales-break-all-previous-records-thanks-obama/

Legal Gun Sales Skyrocket After San Bernardino Terror Attack
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/08/legal-gun-sales-skyrocket-after-san-bernardino-terror-attack

Gun shop owner says sales on rise after terrorist attacks, Obama’s call for stricter firearms laws
http://q13fox.com/2015/12/07/gun-sa...-president-obamas-call-for-stricter-gun-laws/

Great sources!

Hardly.

:rolleyes:

If it is any consolation, our government does not have the ability to take our firearms from us (ala Australia). They aren't going anywhere. Stop worrying.

And just so everyone is aware, the "executive action" that Obama is taking on gun control is hardly anything at all. It closes a "loophole" that doesn't really exist and won't affect but a very small portion of sales.

It may be something small now, but it is the first play in a longer game.

So one must ask themself... Exactly what is the purpose of the executive action then? Well, it's quite simple... It's for the sole purpose of "taking action". To appear to be doing something while actually doing nothing (an Obama favorite). This is a purely political move.

So all the people worried about losing their firearms can settle down. And all of you who love to tout more gun control can settle down too. Because what this amounts to is hardly anything. It is a weak executive action if I've ever seen one. And it will actually drive the sales of more firearms in the coming weeks, months, and year. And most of the people who have been buying firearms lately are people who would have otherwise not even thought about it. But guess what? Start mentioning an assault weapon ban? People want to buy them. Gun control? People want em. It isn't about public safety, it's about control. If the government wanted to increase public safety there are a lot more effective things they could do. This has nothing to do with safety. I think it's almost funny how so many people from both sides of the aisle get worked up about gun control.

You haven't a clue what he is proposing and then, as I said, he is starting the play the long game.

Now sure what it is you believe you were "right" about, here.

I don't ever remember discussing weather or not Mr Obama would ever change the definition of what it means to be "in the business" of selling firearms.

Can you link to that discussion where you were "right"?

The the President would 'never' enact an Executive Order to start the process of reasonable gun control.

As I said, the President is playing the long game with this.

You know Seggy is gonna look like a MORON when we find out that the BIG O secretly has stock in Remington, Winchester, Ruger ,Smith and Wesson, Colt ,Federal, ETC and uses every gun tragedy to scare the people into buying guns that most would not even buy just to feather his nest, Was He not named gun salesman of the decade ,Think about it.......................AMIRIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Stop feeding the Seggy Troll

Ahhhh....

:tinfoil:

A law isn't going to stop someone who wants to harm someone else anymore than a "Gun Free Zone" stops someone from carrying. Hell I carry into those places all the time just out of spite.

@Hacker15e you said this in another thread...

That can't be true -- we've been assured that CCW = "blood in the streets", "wild, wild west shootouts", etc. We've been told that CCW'ers are just wannabes who will shoot at the first possible opportunity and ask questions later.

Yet, we have supposed 'responsible' gun owners admitting they break the law. Thoughts?

If your inability to even form a counter argument much less one that actually makes sense or has any legal standing doesn't illustrate how unarmed you come into these threads I don't know what does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think I am going to take seriously bother responding from a point from Trey Gowdy?

@Hacker15e you said this in another thread...

Yet, we have supposed 'responsible' gun owners admitting they break the law. Thoughts?

In numerous states "gun free zones" that are not expressly listed under the law do not carry the force of law.

A business owner or a mall manager putting a sign on the door does not mean you can't carry there, only that they have grounds to refuse you service. It is not a force field of felony that once crossed you are now breaking the law.

What is funny is folks are getting all pissy, yet I called it months ago...

Obama is going to take Executive Orders to start enacting some sensible gun control measures in this country. Folks didn't believe it then, they still can't believe it now.

You think I am going to take seriously bother responding from a point from Trey Gowdy?

A man with more legal experience than anyone on this forum? Whose point illustrated is exactly what the rest of us Liberty/constitutional scholars you challenge have been saying. No you should probably just ignore everything he said and go back to quoting Salon magazine while critiquing Fox News.

Useful Idiot... That's the only term that truly captures it now. It's obvious to everybody here you have no point or desire to actually debate the merits of the issue so I guess we can all just resort to pointing out how ignorant you are.

A man with more legal experience than anyone on this forum? Whose point illustrated is exactly what the rest of us Liberty/constitutional scholars you challenge have been saying. No you should probably just ignore everything he said and go back to quoting Salon magazine while critiquing Fox News.

Useful Idiot... That's the only term that truly captures it now. It's obvious to everybody here you have no point or desire to actually debate the merits of the issue so I guess we can all just resort to pointing out how ignorant you are.

Why do you keep adding "useful" to the term? "Drama Queen" would be far more accurate.

All I hear is a bunch of folks who are group thinkers and are pissed that someone dares have another point of view and was right when they made an observation about what the President was going to do.

Obama is going to take Executive Orders to start enacting some sensible gun control measures in this country. Folks didn't believe it then, they still can't believe it now.
How long do you think it will be before an injunction is placed on any EO he issues and that is ultimately rolled back by Congress? Especially from a lame duck president in his last year?

Back