The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

Is anyone making the argument that gun violence would be that simple to solve? Is anyone even making an argument that gun violence is solvable. I think most people realize you might reduce it, but I know no one who thinks it can be eliminated entirely, unless of course all guns were removed from existence, an obvious impossibility.

No, but to suggest that a background check on private sales is going to do anything, is crazy. All it came down to being is a jobs program.

No, but to suggest that a background check on private sales is going to do anything, is crazy. All it came down to being is a jobs program.

Why is it crazy? You think it would have zero effect? Why? I'm not convinced it would be very effective, but I also doubt it would be useless.

Answer this for me Hacker15e, the states with the most gun violence the to have much less stringent gun laws that states with stricter gun control. Makes sense, yet it's completely ignored and twisted by your side of the issue...

http://247wallst.com/2013/04/15/states-with-the-most-gun-violence

I think this is the counter to your statement is found right in the article itself:

According to the Center for American Progress, a progressive think tank that supports gun control, there appears to be a strong relationship between the strength of gun laws in the state and the amount of gun violence.

I believe the term is "confirmation bias".

Until someone actually comes up with some REAL data... And a solution that actually affects that data in a POSITIVE way... Why just throw legislation that ties the hands of law abiding citizens and will NOT affect criminals?

Seggy, to be honest with you, I'm not against legislation that actually does something... But no one has been able to prove, or even logically suggest, that any of the rhetoric will actually do anything to prevent crime.

I'm not against legislation that actually does something..

Same here; I am unabashedly FOR legislation that actually works toward the root cause while simultaneously being constitutionally consistent and protecting/supporting individual freedom. I won't buy legislation just for want to "do something" or that simply pushes an agenda that is only tangentially related to the root cause. It is a righteous cause to try and fix, to be certain.

What a waste that VPOTUS Biden wasted the intellectual horsepower that he assembled in January on pushing a partisan agenda to hang the blame around the neck of firearms. I had high hopes that there would be some real innovative research to find root causes of violence and perhaps some new, big ideas out of it (like ending the "war on drugs", for example).

Same here; I am unabashedly FOR legislation that actually works toward the root cause while simultaneously being constitutionally consistent and protecting/supporting individual freedom.

People steal for different root causes, yet we have laws that throw people in jail for it.

Back