The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

On the flip side, how do you feel about the fact that he was sitting on almost two million dollars in donations that were not donated to anything until the week some biased fools raised the question? I think it is great that he raised those funds, but this is an example of why he seems pretty shady. I am still blown away that it is going to come down to him or Hillary.

From what was said, they weren't yet donated due to vetting and other legalities. Whether the timing of the question being raised was coincidence, I don't know.

From what was said, they weren't yet donated due to vetting and other legalities. Whether the timing of the question being raised was coincidence, I don't know.

Possibly. Pretty amazing that most of the checks were mailed the day the story broke.

Just to throw a little gas on the fire....

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/02/georgia-aclu-director-resigns-over-transgender-fight/
Georgia ACLU director resigns over transgender fight
Maya Dillard Smith said Thursday she resigned because she was met with hostility when she questioned the organization’s stance on the policy, adding that she risked being branded a homophobe by even raising her critique.

“There are real concerns about the safety of women and girls in regards to this bathroom debate,” Dillard Smith said in an interview. “It seems to me that instead of stifling the dialogue, we want to encourage a robust debate to come up with an effective solution.”

Many Georgia conservatives have aired similar concerns, but Dillard Smith adds a prominent liberal voice to the mix. She said she’s had misgivings about the bathroom debate since her young daughters shared a restroom in Oakland, Calif. with three transgender women with deep voices.

“My kids were visibly frightened. I was scared. And I was ill-prepared to answer their questions,” she said. “I’ve been asking those same questions, and now I want to raise an honest conversation about them.”

Obviously, she's a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot, right?

Meanwhile, a med grad student shoots dead his wife in Minneapolis, then drives to UCLA and shoots murder/suicides professor/himself. Yaaaay guns.

And as usual, the non-gun-nuts are herded up seen below in an execution-style photo................

Untitled.png

Yeah yeah, exigent circumstances. Still looks just like those radical Islamist death squad videos about to execute a row of people.

Yep, definitely the guns at fault. Look no further.

Let's enact some more gun laws...that'll fix it.

Human behavior is just so easy to understand, isn't it?

2001-a-space-odyssey.png

Last edited:
Meanwhile, a med grad student shoots dead his wife in Minneapolis, then drives to UCLA and shoots murder/suicides professor/himself. Yaaaay guns.

And as usual, the non-gun-nuts are herded up seen below in an execution-style photo................

Untitled.png

Yeah yeah, exigent circumstances. Still looks just like those radical Islamist death squad videos about to execute a row of people.

He probably shot himself because he realized he was in a gun free zone with a gun- and was afraid of the consequences. /sarcasm

Yep, definitely the guns at fault. Look no further.

Let's enact some more gun laws...that'll fix it.

Welp, it does seem he drove from MSP to LA. How about one universal standard for all 50 states?

And yes the gun is just "a tool" but lets be honest, he didn't knife them. Or poison them. Or try and run over them with a car. Or whatever other fantasy theories the gun side likes to bring up. Fact of the matter is, the gun is still the easiest way to 1. kill someone else and 2. kill yourself. It's easy, quick, high chance of success, and due to the 2nd amendment, a right to possess. It is what it is. For far too many people, there is zero responsibility and zero respect for the gun.

Or whatever other fantasy theories the gun side likes to bring up. Fact of the matter is, the gun is still the easiest way to 1. kill someone else and 2. kill yourself. It's easy, quick, high chance of success, and due to the 2nd amendment, a right to possess. It is what it is. For far too many people, there is zero responsibility and zero respect for the gun.

And it still isn't even in the top 5 causes of death in the US.

Untitled.png

I'm curious what your point is?

Are you trying to point out the gray area of maintaining the public safety during a crisis vs the nature of constitutional protections of privacy/ unreasonable apprehension and search?

Or

The complete failure of California's gun laws from protecting anything since the perpetrator broke about 8 of them before he even killed the professor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious what your point is?

Are you trying to point out the gray area of maintaining the public safety during a crisis vs the nature of constitutional protections of privacy/ unreasonable apprehension and search?

Or

The complete failure of California's gun laws from protecting anything since the perpetrator broke about 8 of them before he even killed the professor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CA didn't fail. He bought his guns from a less restrictive state. How is CA to know that?

And yeah, exigent circumstances is used to violate non-gunners 4th amendment rights. But hey, at least the 2nd are untouched. No way would I like to sit on my knees with the hands up because some gun-nutter decided to get nutty. I have a right to run away from that situation and go to a safe area. But, the paramilitary officers won't let you and hold everyone up in death squad execution style line ups.

Suicides are about #10 in the causes of death in the US.

When are you going to go for bans on pools, doctors, fists, and bad diets, too? None of them are Constitutionally-protected, so they're low-hanging fruit. Have a nut, if you really care about public safety.

Those things cause other people to kill themselves. Only with guns do my life (and other non-gunners lives) go at stake. Do you see the difference? If life was simple and gun nutters would only use their weapon to kill themselves, that would be suicide - 1, innocent lives 0. But alas that is not the case.

Back