Tattoo Policies.....

flyingmedic

Hey gang....

Is anyone aware of any Airlines that have a tattoo policy that applies to Dispatchers? I know most (if not all) do for FAs and GAs....but I’ve never heard of one as applies to anyone in the OCC (or MX)....

For the record, I’m not talking about any inappropriate ones, but have a friend whose interviewing for a management position ( In OCC) at an Airline this week, and he was asking me...and I had no clue, although I’ve worked with MANY heavily tattooed people over the years....

Any feedback/advice?

Appreciate it!

Hey gang....

Is anyone aware of any Airlines that have a tattoo policy that applies to Dispatchers? I know most (if not all) do for FAs and GAs....but I’ve never heard of one as applies to anyone in the OCC (or MX)....

For the record, I’m not talking about any inappropriate ones, but have a friend whose interviewing for a management position ( In OCC) at an Airline this week, and he was asking me...and I had no clue, although I’ve worked with MANY heavily tattooed people over the years....

Any feedback/advice?

Appreciate it!
If there was a tattoo policy for MX it would have to be a minimum number of visible tattoos otherwise you'd never get a jet fixed.

If there was a tattoo policy for MX it would have to be a minimum number of visible tattoos otherwise you'd never get a jet fixed.

Or Dispatched I’d argue.....

Heck, I work with pilots with full sleeves.....no issues.....but FAs can, and do, get terminated for it.

Hey gang....

Any feedback/advice?

Appreciate it!
what's a GA?

Can't speak to other shops, but my current shops tattoo policy is simply in line with the company policy, which is very lenient save for anything offensive. I have full sleeves, and it hasn't been an issue in the two years I've been here. Never even had anyone mention it.

Can't speak to other shops, but my current shops tattoo policy is simply in line with the company policy, which is very lenient save for anything offensive. I have full sleeves, and it hasn't been an issue in the two years I've been here. Never even had anyone mention it.

Thanks for that.....I told him the very same thing.....

He’s more worried because it’s a quasi (I would say quasi lol) management slot.

If he is interviewing for a "management" position he should be aware of the culture and the likely policy.

Yea....that makes no sense. He is interviewing as an external candidate. He would have no way of knowing their policies....just gouge from others...hearsay....etc.

Management position as an external without dispatch experience now that's scary but def. common at some shops.

Management position as an external without dispatch experience now that's scary but def. common at some shops.

No one said he had no experience. Not sure where you got that from......but I can tell you this much....he and I were dispatching side by side on 9/11

I’m thinking that’s some experience......wouldn’t ya say?

Last edited:
Back