Tattoo Policies.....

Is the tattoo on his face?

No, left inner forearm, it’s a picture of his daughter when she was 3. She died tragically later......that’s when he got the tattoo.
I’ve dispatched with him for a couple of years (many years ago)....and he got it then...round about 2002ish.....
Never seemed to have been an issue.

No, left inner forearm, it’s a picture of his daughter when she was 3. She died tragically later......that’s when he got the tattoo.
I’ve dispatched with him for a couple of years (many years ago)....and he got it then...round about 2002ish.....
Never seemed to have been an issue.

I really don't think it should be an issue, but if he's concerned about it just have him wear a long sleeved dress shirt to the interview. Problem solved.

I really don't think it should be an issue, but if he's concerned about it just have him wear a long sleeved dress shirt to the interview. Problem solved.

I don’t think it would be either....and DEFINETLY not for a desk....it’s just the mgr. thing that I wouldn’t have a clue about.
Far as the long sleeve.....no credible way....it’s probably going to be in the 90s.....not sure how you’d pull it off....lol

He doesn't have to wear long sleeved shirts forever, just for the interview. They're pretty common at interviews, even when it's hot outside. And I presume the interview will be in an air conditioned office, so...

He doesn't have to wear long sleeved shirts forever, just for the interview. They're pretty common at interviews, even when it's hot outside. And I presume the interview will be in an air conditioned office, so...

Yea, pretty sure long sleeves aren’t going to work.

There's a dispatcher at the regional I work at with arm tattoos. No one seems to care. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Won't matter at an interview because one would be wearing a suit, or at least a dress shirt.

There's a dispatcher at the regional I work at with arm tattoos. No one seems to care. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Won't matter at an interview because one would be wearing a suit, or at least a dress shirt.

Right, I’m not sure what he’s planning to wear.....but I don’t think it was going to be a suit and tie. I really don’t know. I’m sure if it were a dispatch job, he’d have no issues.

His tattoos won't be the reason he won't get the job... just curious, what would he wear? And why not a suit and tie?

Honestly I’m not sure. He asked me, I of course told him suit (or sports coat) and tie. He told me the recruiter told him they were business casual, and don’t feel like he needed to dress up. I told him to dress for the job he wants, not the one he has...lol..or is interviewing for.

I don't know where he is planning to interview, but when I jumpseat I still wear long sleeves. I know it's not required, but I don't think society is ready for a guy with a ponytail and sleeves to go up into the cockpit while they are boarding. Let his employer see his worth before they see his tattoos.

Back