SWA May 2021

Anyone familiar with the test know whether a webcam will be necessary to facilitate the proctoring of the test? I don't have one on the desktop PC I plan to use, so I'll need to buy one ahead of time if necessary.

Anyone familiar with the test know whether a webcam will be necessary to facilitate the proctoring of the test? I don't have one on the desktop PC I plan to use, so I'll need to buy one ahead of time if necessary.
My guess is it is not needed, seems like they will just be monitoring the page making sure you don’t open up another browser!

I studied the ASA Dispatch Oral Exam Guide cover to cover, and it was sufficient to help me pass the test. The test really does cover lots of topics. Be ready for basic A/C performance, RNAV, weather theory, Regs, ATC....etc. Good luck everyone!

I didn't find the test to be that hard, but then again I didn't get the job either so take it fwiw lol.. also this was 2 years ago so maybe they have changed the questions since?

External: TBNT. Bummed because I took the test in KDAL before covid. Felt well prepared this time around on the ones I missed too. Anyhow-good luck to everybody.

If the test is like it was back before the Plague, it isn't hard for anyone who knows what they're doing. If you've spent the last few years just punching the send button and not doing the actual thing you're probably gonna be hurting. Study the basics.

Protip: READ THE QUESTION, then READ IT AGAIN. I've seen a lot of guys go down in flames because they assumed the question was obvious. I'm not saying they're "gotcha" questions, but they ARE worded in such a way where if you're walking in thinking you've got the ASA guide memorized and you've aced it before you pick up the pencil, you ain't making it to round 2.

Good luck! With the rate we are going to be taking on airplanes in the next few years, I expect a steady stream of hiring, in my opinion.

I know this sounds crazy, but I swear WN’s HR system is biased against anyone who has applied before. To those who applied/tested/interviewed before, but got a TBNT this time, next time try making a new profile under a new email address.

It worked for me in the past as far as advancing in the process again. At the very least I don’t think it would hurt to try.

I was a first-time external applicant and got a TBNT. Probably doesn't mean much, but I think the competition is just particularly intense given the year-long shutdown we are emerging from.

I was a first-time external applicant and got a TBNT. Probably doesn't mean much, but I think the competition is just particularly intense given the year-long shutdown we are emerging from.

I wonder if the numbers were rather large compared to previous postings or if they were in line or below. I've polled quite a few of my friends who are at various regionals, cargo carriers, etc etc and I've had such varying responses from "I've left the industry with no interest in starting back at the bottom of the seniority list" to "I'm more secure here at XYZ regional and don't want to jump ship in case things go bad again" to "Whoo Hoo Hiring Again!" lol

Sounds like face-to-face interviews will be taking place the last few days of June and the first week of July.

Back