Sun Country ATP partnership

nibake

Powder hound

There you have it. Now you can go from ERAU to Frontier or should you prefer Boeing, ATP to Sun Country.

“Recommended ATP graduates can apply for the Sun Country Direct Program while gaining flight experience as ATP instructors. After successful interviews, applicants receive a conditional job offer allowing them to progress directly to Sun Country after reaching 1,500 flight hours and completing an enhanced Airline Transport Pilot Certification Training Program (ATP CTP). Tailored jet transition training with ATP, including full-motion Boeing 737 simulator experience, prepares applicants to join Sun Country as first officers.”

On the one hand I think "how low can you go." On the other hand I suppose it's still better than MPL.

Last edited:

There you have it. Now you can go from ERAU to Frontier or should you prefer Boeing, ATP to Sun Country.

On the one hand I think "how low can you go." On the other hand I suppose it's still better than MPL.

This is all marketing for ATP, ERAU et. al. Not everyone is going to qualify for the reduced mins at Sun Country or Frontier. Offers are only going to be extended to a select few. But just like Three-card Monte or any other confidence trick, "you puts your money down, but at the end of the game you don't always get it back." In this case the vaulted low mins. airline job. Also always read the fine print.

LMFAO! These LCC carriers have now stooped to trying to buy low time starry eyed private pilots. This is just an example of how these carriers are going to be unable to staff their cockpits when offering the lousy wages and benefits carriers like this offer. Essentially they are picking up the leftovers before they get to the point of being leftovers.

LMFAO! These LCC carriers have now stooped to trying to buy low time starry eyed private pilots. This is just an example of how these carriers are going to be unable to staff their cockpits when offering the lousy wages and benefits carriers like this offer. Essentially they are picking up the leftovers before they get to the point of being leftovers.

Hmmm... really? ATP also get butts in seats of Envoy and PSA. Again, also. IMO its ERAU and ATP coming to the ULCC's in order to help drive up admission rates.

lousy wages and benefits carriers like this offer.

Curious, do you have the topped out Captain rates and 401k contribution rates at Frontier, Spirit, and AA group 2 handy?Sunny's a little low, I'll give you that.

Also, MOAR CADETS. ALL YOUR CADETS ARE BELONG TO ummmm..... shakes fist angrily.

Curious, do you have the topped out Captain rates and 401k contribution rates at Frontier, Spirit, and AA group 2 handy?Sunny's a little low, I'll give you that.

Also, MOAR CADETS. ALL YOUR CADETS ARE BELONG TO ummmm..... shakes fist angrily.

I mean if he really wants to dick measure we can compare 4th year purple FO W2s to his topped out captain rates.

@Maximilian_Jenius, terribly sorry to have to say this, but I think in this case @Dacuj is more accurate. There is an impeding hiring crisis at the low-paying, poor contract ULCCs.

Exactly. Your carriers like Sun Country, Spirit, Allegiant and Frontier with their poor contracts, lack of stability, crushing debt and overall lack of viability are seriously struggling to attract even bottom of the barrel applicants. I expect this to perpetuate in the future and thus the reason Sun Country is pulling out all the stops going after these private pilots with zero experience training them essentially from zero to hero since no one else is interested in working at these outfits.

Isn't your contract up and currently being negotiated?

It is, yes. However, the best hope would be for something comparable to Frontier and Spirit. So guys can chose to wait, maybe a year, with the hope of a contract comparable to other ULCCs, only to have others go on to get new contracts. So the question for qualified guys is, do I wait for a new contract and remain at the bottom of the pack but in a better condition than I'm in today? If you are living locally and flying nice schedules of day turns for many that is a definite yes, however, the current schedules are poor and the one "nice little advantage" of that QOL is gone. So then you have to ask yourself, why work at Sunny if you can do the same job for better pay and work rules elsewhere, today, rather than having to wait for a possible better contract some time in the future. The end result is, as far as new hires are concerned, the only pool to hire from is outcasts or unqualified who simply can't get hired flying narrow-body jets anywhere else.

I mean if he really wants to dick measure we can compare 4th year purple FO W2s to his topped out captain rates.

I understood his point to be that while an ULCC does not compare with a major, the pay is undeniably better than a regional, although SY lags behind Frontier and Spirit.

Exactly. Your carriers like Sun Country, Spirit, Allegiant and Frontier with their poor contracts, lack of stability, crushing debt and overall lack of viability are seriously struggling to attract even bottom of the barrel applicants. I expect this to perpetuate in the future and thus the reason Sun Country is pulling out all the stops going after these private pilots with zero experience training them essentially from zero to hero since no one else is interested in working at these outfits.

I think its ironic that you're throwing stones about crushing debt.

Ummm, what? Sunny is about as far from being in a position of crushing debt as you can be.

Back