Sully's New Book

There is something I just don't get. If he was so morally attracted to the idea of saving live, wouldnt he have become a police officer? It just doesnt make sense how someone would become an airline pilot with the mindset of trying to save lives.

"The book includes details that add a compelling new dimension to the tale, including that Sullenberger was so worried about money in the hours before the flight that he feared he'd have to sell his family's home in California."

Interesting

One thing's for sure, his money worries are over....my guess is he clears 7 figures on this. I'm very interested in his story so I'm buying it. My bet is it's a good read.

There is something I just don't get. If he was so morally attracted to the idea of saving live, wouldnt he have become a police officer? It just doesnt make sense how someone would become an airline pilot with the mindset of trying to save lives.

He didn't say he wanted to fine the working man for going 10 over the limit for a living... people become cops because they got picked on in highschool - not for saving people.

Making 125K a year must be so difficult to live off of. LOL. Those guys deserve every penny of that tho. Not saying they dont... but compared to my 40K a year, 3.8 % goes to city wage tax, 30% to other taxes, 5% to 401k, and cpl hundred a month for health benefits, and 115 a month for transit... I don't think he has any real money problems.

Making 125K a year must be so difficult to live off of. LOL. Those guys deserve every penny of that tho. Not saying they dont... but compared to my 40K a year, 3.8 % goes to city wage tax, 30 to taxes, 5 to 401k, and cpl hundred a month for health benefits, and 115 a month for transit... I don't think he has any real money problems.

It's all relative...to many different things.

Making 125K a year must be so difficult to live off of. LOL. Those guys deserve every penny of that tho. Not saying they dont... but compared to my 40K a year, 3.8 % goes to city wage tax, 30% to other taxes, 5% to 401k, and cpl hundred a month for health benefits, and 115 a month for transit... I don't think he has any real money problems.

Not true at all, it's all relative. Sorry but $125K isn't that much in big cities....may not always have the option of moving to a small town and make the same. If one doesn't live beyond their means, they should be fine but it doesn't make one necessarily well off. Of course it's not bad money either but weak for a Captain in a Legacy airline, IMO of course :)

Not true at all, it's all relative. Sorry but $125K isn't that much in big cities....may not always have the option of moving to a small town and make the same. If one doesn't live beyond their means, they should be fine but it doesn't make one necessarily well off. Of course it's not bad money either but weak for a Captain in a Legacy airline, IMO of course :)

Relative to what????? Not being able to manage money? I live in the fourth biggest city in the nation and make nowhere near 125k. Yet I own both our paid off cars, no credit card debt, and put money in savings every month. It doesn't matter if you make 20k or 200k, if you dont live between your means it your own fault. Would I have more and better stuff if I made 125k? Hell yea.. But it would still remain in my means.

Back