Suggestion for Forum Change

[ QUOTE ]
UTC is nothing more than Greenwich Mean Time (or local time in London) but it is never adjusted for DST.

DST, btw, is mainly an American construction - if I remember correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTC=GMT, but GMT is not always local time in London, the whole of the EU adjusts for DST. Most advances in time came from the English, they were the first to set all their clocks to GMT, reason being so railway schedules would make sense. England was also the first country to make laws regarding DST. During WWII the English set their clock forward UTC+2 in order to conserve energy.

[ QUOTE ]
I tell him you tried for him! But it aint happening, lol! The boy WILL NOT wear a WalMart watch. His parents raised him on brand names, so he is a brat. If he were actually a paid pilot right now, I might consider it. But he won't really need this fancy zulu time watch until he is doing more then flying circles around the lake. He wants that Blue Angles (I think???) one that is like $300.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with him, that Blue Angels watch is the shizzle (best price I've found anywhere other than eBay is at MarvGolden.com). Take at my watch over in the other thread (is Casio an acceptable brand for Gucci-boy?)--it's a pretty burly/manly watch and handles zulu time in 24 hr format, which is useful for reading terminal area forecasts and giving accurate ETAs to flight service (I was off by a couple hours once due to an error converting to zulu, which is why I decided I needed a watch with a 2nd time zone.)

[ QUOTE ]
is Casio an acceptable brand for Gucci-boy

[/ QUOTE ] That is the funniest thing I have read all day!!
grin.gif
I'm not sure....as long as you can't get it at Wal Mart, it SHOULD be ok.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is Casio an acceptable brand for Gucci-boy

[/ QUOTE ] That is the funniest thing I have read all day!!
grin.gif
I'm not sure....as long as you can't get it at Wal Mart, it SHOULD be ok.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, is Radio Shack fancy enough for him to buy watches? That's where I got my all my Casio.

Hmm, that might turn him off too if you can get them at Radio Shack. If they are least $80 though he'd probably be ok with them. Lol.

Back