Study Hours Per Week

I don't go to the academy personally but from talking with my husband and seeing his schedule I would say the schedule is similar to that of when I went to college full-time, taking 22 credits.

I don't go to the academy personally but from talking with my husband and seeing his schedule I would say the schedule is similar to that of when I went to college full-time, taking 22 credits.

they told us that CAMI (for those that dont know....its the medical place here at the academy. they give you free medical assistance...but they also created the AT-SAT, do many many other test, and studies). well, they told us that CAMI did a study and said that the information that we learn in the 4 months (of en route training) is equal to the amount of information you will receive getting a BA degree.

they told us that CAMI (for those that dont know....its the medical place here at the academy. they give you free medical assistance...but they also created the AT-SAT, do many many other test, and studies). well, they told us that CAMI did a study and said that the information that we learn in the 4 months (of en route training) is equal to the amount of information you will receive getting a BA degree.

Too bad the academy isn't accredited... that'd be sweet.

Too bad the academy isn't accredited... that'd be sweet.

Actually, it is. Some or all of their courses qualify for college credit. I assume most schools would just treat the ATC classes as electives though.

Hey nathanw, are you going to SEA? I was wondering how long you are in OKC for just a tower with no attached TRACON. I know the TRACON-only guys only stay for 7-8 weeks, but how long do the people with just tower stay?

Hey nathanw, are you going to SEA? I was wondering how long you are in OKC for just a tower with no attached TRACON. I know the TRACON-only guys only stay for 7-8 weeks, but how long do the people with just tower stay?
Everyone who's tower, regardless of attached tracon (up/down), does tower only first. It's 12 weeks. The folks at up/downs come back later for radar training.

My husband said that phraseology was one of the hardest things in enroute too. Once he got that down, things have became a LOT easier (not easy...just easier).

Yeah if you know your phraseology for non-radar things become much easier, but radar adds phraseology as well which can make or break a person

Back