Strapped for pilots, Republic asks partners to reduce flights

If Republic can't do it, bring it back to mainline!

That's more like it. Exactly why I have a problem with the "let's bend over and take it up the rear to win more flying" method of regional contract negotiations. At best it hurts other regionals, at worst it further legitimizes the outsourcing of flying.

Though full transparency, I totally interviewed for a street captain position at another regional last week. I've tried to take the moral high road for damn near a decade and it has gotten me exactly nowhere.

It's definitely nowhere near as bad at the legacies, though. Hell, lots of guys bid it on purpose.

No, but when I flew with folks furloughed from legacies who sat reserve (not the senior folks who could, but those that had to) for decades and had the rules degraded over bankruptcy didn't have much else to say other than it paid the bills.

It's definitely nowhere near as bad at the legacies, though. Hell, lots of guys bid it on purpose.

Nobody (and I mean NOBODY) was bidding reserve intentionally at USAir between say... 1996 and 2008.

EDIT:

Out here, even with about 20 guys below me on the list, there are a few months were I can't even hold reserve. And Airport Reserve goes to the top 2 guys in each seat.

That's more like it. Exactly why I have a problem with the "let's bend over and take it up the rear to win more flying" method of regional contract negotiations. At best it hurts other regionals, at worst it further legitimizes the outsourcing of flying.

Though full transparency, I totally interviewed for a street captain position at another regional last week. I've tried to take the moral high road for damn near a decade and it has gotten me exactly nowhere.
BUT THAT SWEET MAGICAL TPIC

I paid $120(I think?) for a job fair and it landed me a job 14 days later.
Have you tried that route?

I'm opposed to having to pay to get interviewed, but there is no moral high ground anymore. I'm looking at you Delta, United etc... (airlineapps, etc...)

What are your rules for that?

10am-6pm
Guaranteed 5 hours pay
Pays minute for minute on anything past 6pm
Call out is kind of undefined but less than 15 minutes to the plane is kind of expected
Have a nice quiet room with lazyboy chairs
It's a pairing that you can pref bid for and also trade and pick up from open time.

I'm opposed to having to pay to get interviewed, but there is no moral high ground anymore. I'm looking at you Delta, United etc... (airlineapps, etc...)

I thought airlineapps was free if you just did it for Delta, but had to pay if you included other airlines.

It's not a system the regional airlines built; the FFD model was a reaction of regionals to legacy carriers. At one point the thought was to bring all the regionals under one roof, but after the Comair strike this went the other way. It is what it is.
I don't blame you for looking at the DEC positions. Obviously for selfish reasons I like having FOs who have been on the line 6-8 years, but each person must make a decision that is in their own best interest.
We are going through interesting times when a regional with a good contract is looking to hire 40 FOs a month yet can only find two who are qualified.

We are going through interesting times when a regional with a good contract is looking to hire 40 FOs a month yet can only find two who are qualified.

That's because most guys are uneducated about the industry that apply to a regional, and don't realize that most of those bonuses that lure them to said regional aren't contractual and may be gone at a moments notice.

10am-6pm
Guaranteed 5 hours pay
Pays minute for minute on anything past 6pm
Call out is kind of undefined but less than 15 minutes to the plane is kind of expected
Have a nice quiet room with lazyboy chairs
It's a pairing that you can pref bid for and also trade and pick up from open time.
:cool:

Back