Still need a room? Luxor has a special...

gna_in_lgb

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/las-vegas-hotels/329260

Rates in Las Vegas have skyrocketed as the mercury has plummeted -- if you consider 80s and 90s in October as cool as locals do. That's one of the reasons we had to tell you about this special at Luxor Las Vegas. </B>18 dates</B> are an amazing $59 per night. More than 20 other dates are between $67-$95, including a weekend.

Even more impressive is that you can take advantage of this deal right away -- most Vegas offers for fall are good for travel starting in late November. Rates at the Luxor in fall have been as high as $200.
This special offer includes these dates:
  • $59: Nov. 21, 25-29; Dec. 3-5, 10-13, 16-20
  • $67-$95: Oct. 2, 7-9, 11, 21-24, 28; Nov. 18-20; Dec. 2, 6, 9, 21-27
  • $101 & up: Dozens of other dates through Dec. 30
The Luxor is one of Las Vegas' most sought-after properties and is located right on The Strip. It even has an airport check-in service that allows you to check in your bags at the property for an extra fee.

Thanks for posting that.

If there is anyone still needing a room and wants to share one, please let me know as I just finally was able to clear my schedule up today and I'm going to have to find out where to stay for a good price.

That sounds good to me, I just decided today I could go and want to share a room. I wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor to save a few bucks.

Is the LUxor better then the MC in peoples' opinion? I was thinking I would either book the Sahara Sat night and then the MC after that, or just the MC or Luxor. Sahara is 1/2 the cost of the MC Sat night.

Excalibur is also running a special that's a couple $$ a night cheaper than Luxor, and it's right next door. Sounds like hotel rooms aren't going as quickly as they hoped they would down in Vegas. :)

That makes me wonder if we should switch from Monte Carlo to Luxor or Excalibur?! I think only 10 people got rooms on the group rate...if there's an opportunity to save some cash for the entire 3 days...then i don't see why not.

thoughts?!

I think that if we do switch it should be to the Luxor.

Might not be a bad idea if we can all save money.

That makes me wonder if we should switch from Monte Carlo to Luxor or Excalibur?! I think only 10 people got rooms on the group rate...if there's an opportunity to save some cash for the entire 3 days...then i don't see why not.

thoughts?!

Luxor FAR end of the strip...

JEP is already paid (NWA Vacations)....

Monte Carlo it is........

here's the rates for the basic room, Sat (WOW!!!)

10/20 $211.65
10/21 $84.15
10/22 $92.65

SubTotal: $388.45

Excalibur/Luxor isn't that far away from the Monte Carlo, actually. New York, New York is the only major one b/w Monte Carlo and Excalibur, and Luxor is right next to Excalibur. When I checked Luxor (my fav hotel, actually) they weren't running the deal, so I went ahead and booked Excalibur. Then they started the Luxor deal like two days later. I'd prefer Luxor, but I'm already booked at Excalibur for a few $$ less.

las-vegas-map.gif

Yeah Luxor is $379 for Sat-Mon Night
Excalibur is $303 for the same.

Monte is $429 right now.

Looks like Excalibur is the best deal and quite close to the Monte. My wife and I and OldTownPilot are going to book the Excalibur I believe. I am almost afraid to the way the prices have been dropping though. The Ex was $353 this afternoon.

Could probably fit one more person. $303 is like $90/person split 3 ways(Gotta add the rape me tax)

It isnt the most stylish hotel, but its cheap and close to the Monte Carlo...

I got the Tropicana for $57/night for Sun + Mon, I've stayed there before.

Take a tip from Dough though...

Just don't eat in the buffet there! Unless, of course, you enjoy sitting on the throne! :)

Just remember that a cab ride, or few, can make up for that cheap price pretty quickly ;)

just booked john and i at the greek isles for friday and saturday nights for $69/night (airline employee discount - have to ask for it) otherwise it's $99/night

Back